AxeFX III setup O/I settings revert after shutdown

GJ_86

Anyone know why my I/O settings revert back after a shutdown trying to change my settings to SPDIF/ and output on #1 but its switched back everytime i shut down the Axe III?

I bought an Axe III in May 2018. It did this every time I turned it off with the front panel switch, which I only do after firmware upgrades.

They replaced the unit.

The replacement unit does this about 20% of the time. I religiously back up my I/o settings and bank 1 where my presets reside, especially prior to firmware updates.

Normally I turn my rack on by plugging in a neutrik connector to a plug on a panel in the rack. The rack is plugged into a Furman UPS / voltage regulator. I’ve never had the I/o settings erase upon boot up with the standard methods I use - either powering up the UPS, or if the UPS is already on, plugging in the neutrik which powers up the whole rack.

I only have this issue when using the front panel rocker switch on the Fractal.

I also have an XL plus and a block letter Axe II (humor) in the rack, which have never reset themselves in 7 years and 11 years respectively.

Thank you.

Bought this Mk1 used, it looked like a good unit.. very clean. I opened it up and replaced the battery and also noticed the mainboard screws are not in the position they were marked at. Hopefully service answers me asap so I can decide if I need to return this. Looks like the board has 3.2v when I put a multi meter between the positive on the battery and the 3.2v point on the board.

Attachments

• Capture222.JPG
    Capture222.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom