Axefx iii dsp fried

Considering that many Axe FX III's have been sold and used over the years the odds of you having this same product failure is unlikely. I would not get an extended warranty.

I’ve bought computers brand new that have fried. It’s not unheard of for 1 unit to fry out of literally thousands.
Sure — and that’s precisely why manufacturers have warranties — but as others have posted, it’s usually power supply-ish or board-level components that go south. Could those kill a DSP on their way out the door? Certainly.

And unless things have improved a lot in the last five years (since I’ve stopped dealing with this kind of stuff on a daily basis) an overall “electronic entertainment device” hardware failure rate of 0.1% wasn’t thought to be all that bad.

I ll try to remember once I get my unit back..
OK here it is... actually currently running at 85+. I use this with either a PRS or a Reverend double agent...... Try it at your own risk!

Attachments

• High CPU Preset.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
This has got to be an extremely rare event. I used my Axe-Fx Ultra, Axe-Fx II, and Axe-Fx III for years and never had any hardware failures.

Back
Top Bottom