AxeFX II Clips Master List

One more try.

Could any of you kind gentleman with an Axe II at your disposal give us a quick Plexi clip. This (and Scott's JCM 800 demo I heard on some forum way back when) where the deciding factors that made me part with my Mark IV and pull the trigger on an ultra.

Would love to hear some old school rock plexi clips.

Understand if you can't.

But hey, if I don't ask...

Jay Mitchell's Marshally thread has a Plexi in it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Wow.

They sounded damn near identical. Could not tell you which one I would prefer. I was too busy trying to make sure Jay hadn't pulled a fast one and posted the exact same clip twice.

That is what this thread is, the new ones get added to the original post

Yes, but when one comes out people then talk about it for 3-4 pages and you have to wade through peoples opinions before another new clip comes out. It'd be cleaner and better, IMO, if we could just have a page with clips and no opinions. Here's an example: Fractal Audio Axe-Fx and Atomic Amps Sound Clips, Samples, Demos, Audio, Experience, Listen to the Axe-Fx, Axe-Fx Sound Samples

This thread is like going to an Apple iStore but instead of being able to go straight to the product you are interested in and check it out for yourself you become bombarded with salespeople, existing customers and general bystanders who already have made up their mind based on what little they already know. I'm just interested in hearing what the product sounds like for myself. I'll give props to Line6 for their ability to have a full page of examples and demos of their product when it is initially released. Maybe Fractal Audio could get that set up ASAP. This thread is called "AxeFX II Clips Master List". There is no "List" here anymore. It's just another opinion thread.

but the first post IS the list, that is the list where they get added, if you are not interested in the opinions etc don't read em, just check the list in the first post of this thread every now and again.

simples

The demo tones you linked to, I guess will be added at and after real launch.

but the first post IS the list, that is the list where they get added, if you are not interested in the opinions etc don't read em, just check the list in the first post of this thread every now and again.

simples

The demo tones you linked to, I guess will be added at and after real launch.

This.

Last edited:
Yes, but when one comes out people then talk about it for 3-4 pages and you have to wade through peoples opinions before another new clip comes out. It'd be cleaner and better, IMO, if we could just have a page with clips and no opinions. Here's an example: Fractal Audio Axe-Fx and Atomic Amps Sound Clips, Samples, Demos, Audio, Experience, Listen to the Axe-Fx, Axe-Fx Sound Samples

This thread is like going to an Apple iStore but instead of being able to go straight to the product you are interested in and check it out for yourself you become bombarded with salespeople, existing customers and general bystanders who already have made up their mind based on what little they already know. I'm just interested in hearing what the product sounds like for myself. I'll give props to Line6 for their ability to have a full page of examples and demos of their product when it is initially released. Maybe Fractal Audio could get that set up ASAP. This thread is called "AxeFX II Clips Master List". There is no "List" here anymore. It's just another opinion thread.

As others have mentioned I've been updating the first post with new clips so that you don't have crawl through pages of comments. If you just want clips and no comments then don't read beyond post one.

I was wondering why you didn't include Jay's recordings here, but then I realized that he never indicated which one was the AxeII (which was an awesome decision btw).

No offense taken, neither your opinion nor any other. Everyone is more than welcome to hold any opinion they choose and express it freely. Whether or not I agree or not is of no consequence and it's not any pissing contest with me. I am fine with anyone disagreeing with me. I do ask folks to hold their opinions at bay about what the II is or isn't until they have tried one. That's the real acid test. I think a lot of folks that think I am stark raving mad will suddenly think, '...whoa... he's not crazy after all!'

I've always been very upfront about the negatives with the first series of Axe-FX's. Lack of knobs, lack of USB, lack of headphones, substantial learning curve, and so on. From my earliest posts on, I never shied away from such discussions here and elsewhere.

I am fully aware of the perception some folks hang on me; but a rabid lap dog kool-aid drinking fan boi I am really not. I just shoot straight, call it like I see it (hear it) and back up what I say with context and real life experience. Nothing more or less. Regarding the Gen1 Axe-FX; have I always felt the positives fully outshined the negatives? Yes I have. And I have never backed off that opinion nor will I.

The response and actual timbre of the II is indeed far beyond what the Gen1 boxes can do. The response of the high end, the more 3D sensation of the tone, and the dynamics, bloom and ease of dialing tones is leaps and bounds beyond what the Axe-FX Gen1 can do. Add in the interface improvements - it is indeed a carefully thought out, obvious nod to user input over the past years. It's like going from a very workable farm horse to a thoroughbred - everything is seemingly the same from the outside, but once you get in the saddle, you had better have a firm hold on the stirrups. This thing has incredible response to your input. The touch response is at *least* as good as the finest amps I've ever owned and/or used. And I've owned some very serious big boy amps.

This box is a massive evolutionary step into the future. That's no bullshit either. Wait till you try this box yourself for 5 minutes and then you tell me if I'm loony or not. Hint: I am not.

I remember Scott's posting from the old PRS forum (if it's the same Scott)... he's been thru a ton of gear, probably more boutique stuff than 90% of us and recorded some cool stuff. The great thing about the internet is we get guys like Scott sharing their experiences and opinions, and we can listen and really make up our own minds in the end. Not everyone gets or has the time to sample gear on regular basis, so it's nice to have all these experiences , opinions and sound clips. In the end we make our own decisions, and we own the decisions, as we should.

One more try.

Could any of you kind gentleman with an Axe II at your disposal give us a quick Plexi clip. This (and Scott's JCM 800 demo I heard on some forum way back when) where the deciding factors that made me part with my Mark IV and pull the trigger on an ultra.

Would love to hear some old school rock plexi clips.

Understand if you can't.

But hey, if I don't ask...

Could this little thing be your Plexi? Sounds like one to me.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii/37052-my-axe-fx-ii-all-one-patch-pro-jr.html

Maybe move this thread to Axe-Fx II Recordings or Preset Exchange?

Back
Top Bottom