AXEFX II 100% Sync to Another AEXFX II

Slate

I could not find a thread on this.

I know the current AXE Edit is not compatible with 9.02. Does anyone know if the core (non editor) functions of the Axe Edit or will the new Axe Edit do this...

I have 2 AxeFX II's and one is solely for backup. I would like to be able to save ALL the settings from the 1st unit (patches, globals, midi IA's) everything. And then be able to copy all the settings to the other Axe II.

Like a full backup and restore. I saw some options that looked like it in the axe menu but was not sure if there was a one stop one button process to do this.

Woudl be killer if there was!

you can do this without axe edit.

in the Utility Preset menu, you see Dump Preset, Banks A-C and System to MIDI or USB. Preset sends an individual preset, the one currently selected. Banks send the entire Bank A (1-128), B & C. System sends setup info, global blocks and Cab IRs.

if you connect a MIDI cable from the Out of the main Axe to the In of the backup, then Dump these things to MIDI, it will send all data to the backup Axe.

i prefer to dump it to my computer instead using SysEx librarian on Mac (for PC, use Bome's SysEx). i connect via USB, after installing the Driver of course, and then Dump them to USB. then i connect the other Axe and hit Play in my SysEx program and it loads onto my backup axe.

you can do this without axe edit.

in the Utility Preset menu, you see Dump Preset, Banks A-C and System to MIDI or USB. Preset sends an individual preset, the one currently selected. Banks send the entire Bank A (1-128), B & C. System sends setup info, global blocks and Cab IRs.

if you connect a MIDI cable from the Out of the main Axe to the In of the backup, then Dump these things to MIDI, it will send all data to the backup Axe.

i prefer to dump it to my computer instead using SysEx librarian on Mac (for PC, use Bome's SysEx). i connect via USB, after installing the Driver of course, and then Dump them to USB. then i connect the other Axe and hit Play in my SysEx program and it loads onto my backup axe.

Awesome! Thanks for the instructions. Will make life easy.

Awesome! Thanks for the instructions. Will make life easy.

I did a MACHINE TO MACHINE dump yesterday (that reads funny)...

VERY IMPORTANT to make sure both units are sharing the same firmware. Also, you'll need to reboot after dumping all preferred info.

I want to chime in here because I was thinking about buying a 2nd unit for backup, instead of my HD500. Does the "dump to USB" allow me to back up to a USB device, carry that USB device to my band's practice facility, and load it on another unit?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom