axefx down

Aaargh. Setting up for a gig tomorrow night (a big one too). Soundcheck...Dead axefx.
Tried several power leads....nothing.
Ive emailed support but its unreasonable to expect an immediate resonse, so while Im waiting, anyone know if there are any internal fuses which are easy to get at and perhaps likely candidates?
Dont wanna go poking around inside if theres nothing I can do i there, but if its easy enough and will save sending my axe off to G66......
Guess Im gonna have to break out the old Shiva head.......

Can't hurt to open it up and see if any wires came disconnected. I'm guessing either something is disconnected or the power supply died.

sheguitarplayer said:
Guess Im gonna have to break out the old Shiva head.......

That's what I would do, too ... not too bad a replacement though, is it?

Good luck having it fixed quickly!

It all looks fine inside, still nothing. Will get in touch with G66.
Thanks very much though Cliff.
Gonna miss the axe for a while tho.
Perhaps this is the wake up call to buy me an ultra and use this for a back up LOL

Hey hunter, howz it goin?
Yep out wiv the Shiva.
I still break it out now and again.
A good replacement yes.
Isnt it funny, months ago I was trying to get the axefx to sound like my Shiva.
Now Im trying to get the Shiva to sound like my axefx!!!

fandyboy said:
Dude, I'm in the UK you can borrow mine...
Goes to show you how good the people are in these forums! The type of help and of course sound quality is why I got my ultra in the first place.

Fandyboy, thats a very kind offer, and I appreciate it very much. I'm unable to take you up on it cos the gig is tonight so I will have to go with the amp.
The response to this thread has overwhelmed me.
A reply from the guru Cliff himself, a very very kind offer from someone I've never met to lend me one, and a response from G66 to say that not only will they sort out the repair quickly, but that someone will actually pick the unit up from my home address.

I'm in Nottingham, we design and manufacture electronic equipment and have some very highly skilled staff, your welcome to stop by and let our techs have a look at it but I wouldn't want to invalidate your warranty.

Got my axefx back yesterday. It was the power supply, as Cliff suggested.
A big thank you for the kind offers and suggestions.
G66 Europe were great.
I bought the unit from someone who had initially bought it and had been going to send it back during the trial period. This was almost a year ago so I was very pleasantly surprised that G66 transferred the warranty. The unit was picked up and returned to my address within a week, which is very good going considering there was a weekend and 2 bank holidays (one in germany, one in the UK) during that time.
It was an experience being without it for a while, I'm like a kid in a sweet shop again now it is back.

This makes me proud to be part of the Axe-FX gang! Cliff has started something here that's very cool!

Back
Top Bottom