Axe2: Wah

clarky

Axe-Master
whilst I'm waiting for my Axe2 to show up, I thought I'd do a little more research....

this time it's regarding the Wah...

having looked at the manual I see there are a few ways to configure this:

auto engage and off val, I'd also assume that you've be able to activate the wah traditionally via a toe switch

my own experiences have only been via toe switch activation...

how do you guys set yours up?
have you tried the other combinations, and if so how do they compare?

I have a Mission pedal with a toe switch.
I use it (without pressing the switch) to control stuff like tremolo speed and rotary speed.
And after pressing the switch it becomes a wah (which I never use simult. with rotary/tremolo).

I have a 2nd pedal set up as a Whammy. It has no switch, I'm using auto-engage.

dude, two different functions on the same pedal.... that's just brilliant...
I like the idea of that a lot....
seriously seriously cool...

I use the Mission EP-1 with the spring loaded option and auto enrage for the wah. Step on you have the wah, step off and the way is off. I have three other EP-1s. One for volume and the other two I use to control other stuff mix levels, tremelo speed, delay repeats, etc.

one of the things I noticed about the wah block is that there are no specific models [Dunlop Crybaby, Vox etc]...
I take it this means you have to set it up yourself...

are there suggested settings that are reasonably close to well known wah pedals...

one of the things I noticed about the wah block is that there are no specific models [Dunlop Crybaby, Vox etc]...
I take it this means you have to set it up yourself...

are there suggested settings that are reasonably close to well known wah pedals...

easiest thing to do is look up the specs of wah's you like. set your wah's accordingly.

thanks guys.... all interesting stuff... I'll take a look in wiki...

and like many of you, I think I'd opt to still toe switch for the wah...

Back
Top Bottom