Axe2 owners, if you get bored, could you please feed a new clip to the zoo animals?

Yea.. What are you guys waiting for? :D I can't get my hands onto it.. :) buying in July/August if in stock.

I am personally not posting any clips or reviews or posts/threads about the 2 until the madness and 'burn the witch' mob mentality stops... or slows down. Too much bad ju-ju out there right now. Not going to add to it.

Last edited:
I am personally not posting any clips or reviews or posts/threads about the 2 until the madness and death threats stop... or slows down. Too much bad ju-ju out there right now. Not going to add to it.

Removed as it's not relevant to the topic.

Last edited:
The thanks you get for being a beta tester. There is a lot of time and effort that goes in to beta testing that a lot of people don't realize.
Thanks to you and the rest of the testers for helping the Axe II come into existence.

As someone who's been a beta tester for other stuff, it's hardly that big a deal... nothing like a day job or anything. I bet there are precious few members of this board that wouldn't have eagerly done it if it entailed a free Axe 2. I'm hardly bitter/jealous of Scott for being in that position he's the biggest Fractal supporter on the planet, clearly capable of giving excellent written feedback, and has extensively used the previous unit, so he's a great choice, if I were in Cliff's position, Scott would've been my first round draft choice for beta testers. But, really, he hardly deserves an ass kissing for doing it.

Last edited:
See, I shouldn't even post anything at this point.

No one is kissing my ass and no one but me or the other beta testers on this project know what went into it or not in terms of time and effort. I've done dozens of betas over the years and every single project is totally different than the others.

So thanks for the kind words, but no one need post anything. I just made an observation on the 'jukebox' sort of request that some people like to post requesting clips. I understand the mentality and the request, but don't play that game. Given the overall bad mojo going around right now because folks are steamed about not getting the box on demand... I do not care to, nor want to add to that entire thing. If and when I do my posts and threads it will be focused on the box, not the business end of this entire deal.

In the end, it's a box that makes noise. Folks all wound up over that seem to forget that simple fact.

As someone who's been a beta tester for other stuff, it's hardly that big a deal... nothing like a day job or anything. I bet there are precious few members of this board that wouldn't have eagerly done it if it entailed a free Axe 2. I'm hardly bitter/jealous of Scott for being in that position he's the biggest Fractal supporter on the planet, clearly capable of giving excellent written feedback, and has extensively used the previous unit, so he's a great choice, if I were in Cliff's position, Scott would've been my first round draft choice for beta testers. But, really, he hardly deserves an ass kissing for doing it.

whoah! Where is the "unlike" button?

I don't know if anyone has posted this but I found a recent clip of Larry Mitchell:

YouTube - ‪Larrry Mitchell at Oddfellow's Grill, Redmond, WA 6/7/11‬‏

Kind of SRV meets EJ tone/style. Sounded really good to me and I'm pretty sure it's the Axe-2 seeing as it's really recent.

Wow -- I really liked that tone, especially the intro. So good to hear the axe pulling off that SRV-ish style convincingly. So many high-gain clips seem to be out there, but a lot fewer of that 'pushed fender' tone that I love. Thanks for posting this!

...In the end, it's a box that makes noise. Folks all wound up over that seem to forget that simple fact.

Yes and there are some of us that would just love to hear more "noise" regardless of business practices or delayed gratification or whatever. I understand what you're saying about not adding to the bad mojo but it seems like the bad apples are getting you wound up yourself. As you said, it's a box that makes noise and should be treated as such. It'd be great if you and others who currently have an Axe-Fx 2 could treat it as such and put some more clips up regardless of the mojo going around (which I haven't really noticed at all as I'm only reading the threads that have clips and I'm sorry if I don't fully understand the complexity of the situation).

Yes and there are some of us that would just love to hear more "noise" regardless of business practices or delayed gratification or whatever. I understand what you're saying about not adding to the bad mojo but it seems like the bad apples are getting you wound up yourself. As you said, it's a box that makes noise and should be treated as such. It'd be great if you and others who currently have an Axe-Fx 2 could treat it as such and put some more clips up regardless of the mojo going around (which I haven't really noticed at all as I'm only reading the threads that have clips and I'm sorry if I don't fully understand the complexity of the situation).

Here's why I won't, plain as I can put it: folks will use it as a platform to spout off venting their frustration and anger over the sales/business end of this. I have no say, influence, knowledge or anything else of that end of Fractal. I've never even spoken to Cliff in person in my life. I don't want to spend my time and efforts discussing that end of it, sorry. I know that sounds selfish, I am sorry, but this is my life and I don't have time to get into it. If you could see my PM inbox on different forums, Facebook or my email and see the sorts of stuff that is coming in any way... you walk a day in my shoes, you'd feel the same way.

I will be posting, I have a lot to say, the box is great fun and totally worth all the start-up pains to get with it. The hardware updates have a great impact on ease of use and up the fun factor more than I thought they would. USB, the quick control knobs and the X/Y switching for me personally in particular are tremendous advantages over the current Gen1 product. The modeling and tones are really a different experience mostly in the realism, range and dynamics of the modeling - even the effects. I can just do more, faster and the results have more juice IMHO across the spectrum I use the box for.

But I want to talk about, discuss and ponder those aspects. Not 'add to cart' and all the bad juju over sales/rollout difficulties getting up to speed to match demand.

OK, Scott. Sorry about that. Maybe differ all the business stuff to Cliff and totally ignore the complainers and venters? Maybe just comment on the stuff you want to comment about like the tones and sound and set a boundary about not touching anything else that isn't related to that? I don't know. Just trying to help out. Again, I totally agree with you that this is ultimately a box that makes noise. It's just too bad that there's complexities in the way at the moment that are preventing yourself and possibly others from letting it be just that and putting some clips up no matter if people love them or hate them or what kind of reation that may occur. Personally, I'm just interested in only the message. I am not a "shoot the messenger" type of person. I must say that I really appreciated you putting up all your previous clips and all the time you've taken to share your thoughts on the difference in tone/feel of the 2

Be blessed!

Leland.

The way I see it having sound clips from the II would be like being stuck in traffic, accepting that it may be awhile, and so you crank up the car stereo.

But the reality is there are passengers in the car with you who just bitch about the traffic, and all want to hear their favorite music, and don't appreciate the fact that you're driving, or that when you get there you'll be in Disney World.

I am thinking of letting my thing happen next week depending on my schedule. I want to be available through the process as I like threads to be running question/answer/conversations instead of just the normal 'here' and run stuff. Moving out of beta and just playing with the box is entirely different I might add. That won't make sense to many; but even all the clips I posted from weeks past of this box are now very much obsolete... even the good ones are now gooder. Beta is a development period after all. :D

i know what you mean there is a bunch of jealous aholes around here.they need to institute a no bozo policy here.imo you're clips were great scott.

That won't make sense to many; but even all the clips I posted from weeks past of this box are now very much obsolete... even the good ones are now gooder. Beta is a development period after all. :D

Looking forward to hearing them if you get the time. I appreciate the clips you and others have posted already. If they are better sounding than before, then I'm more impressed than I already was.

So far, the most impressive clips for me, have been Mark Day's in the Tone Merchant vids, and those were YT quality.

Here's why I won't, plain as I can put it: folks will use it as a platform to spout off venting their frustration and anger over the sales/business end of this. I have no say, influence, knowledge or anything else of that end of Fractal. I've never even spoken to Cliff in person in my life. I don't want to spend my time and efforts discussing that end of it, sorry. I know that sounds selfish, I am sorry, but this is my life and I don't have time to get into it. If you could see my PM inbox on different forums, Facebook or my email and see the sorts of stuff that is coming in any way... you walk a day in my shoes, you'd feel the same way.

I will be posting, I have a lot to say, the box is great fun and totally worth all the start-up pains to get with it. The hardware updates have a great impact on ease of use and up the fun factor more than I thought they would. USB, the quick control knobs and the X/Y switching for me personally in particular are tremendous advantages over the current Gen1 product. The modeling and tones are really a different experience mostly in the realism, range and dynamics of the modeling - even the effects. I can just do more, faster and the results have more juice IMHO across the spectrum I use the box for.

But I want to talk about, discuss and ponder those aspects. Not 'add to cart' and all the bad juju over sales/rollout difficulties getting up to speed to match demand.

Hey Scott,

I certainly understand your point of view on this subject. I think most of us would agree things have gotten a bit ridiculous around here lately.

My entire reason for starting this thread was because I thought everyone, myself included, could use a break from the drama and that some new clips might help shift the focus from "where's the Axefx 2 that I should have received yesterday" to how cool the Axe2 is and what it sounds like etc. I thought that maybe some fresh clips might switch the focus to a more positive one and might help sedate the "zoo animals, myself included, until they get their orders fulfilled.
No one can fault you for not wanting to post clips and you certainly aren't obligated to. It takes time, effort etc and if the inspiration isn't there, no problemo. You've been a great contributor here for a long time and I certainly wouldn't hold it against you if you just want to jam with the thing. :)

cheers,
Steve

Hopefully someone who got it is a metal head because I'd like to hear a usable, modern Hi-Gain sound. Like a very saturated metal tone. Mark's gainy 80's metal tones are holding me over though \m/

I just ordered mine today (got EXTREMELY lucky). I'll post some modern Hi-Gain as soon as I get it and have a chance to dial something in.

Back
Top Bottom