Axe2 owners, if you get bored, could you please feed a new clip to the zoo animals?

I certainly understand your point of view on this subject. I think most of us would agree things have gotten a bit ridiculous around here lately.

My entire reason for starting this thread was because I thought everyone, myself included, could use a break from the drama and that some new clips might help shift the focus from "where's the Axefx 2 that I should have received yesterday" to how cool the Axe2 is and what it sounds like etc.

+1

When I click "New Posts" the majority are about shipping, availability, how something or other isn't fair, something sucks, blah blah, BS stuff, yahoo store, BOTS, why did he get one first, where's mine, there should be a waiting list, this is unprofessional, Cliff said something, whine, cry, foot stomping... OK, you get the idea.

So I came to this thread because I was hoping there would be some clips, some good vibes, maybe rational intelligent discussions about the AF II, etc.

I just ordered mine today (got EXTREMELY lucky). I'll post some modern Hi-Gain as soon as I get it and have a chance to dial something in.

+1

Just picked up my Axe 2 at the Fractal Office....hope to get some tones dialed in this weekend and I'll throw a mic in the room and get something on tape (so to speak).

Hey Scott,

I certainly understand your point of view on this subject. I think most of us would agree things have gotten a bit ridiculous around here lately.

My entire reason for starting this thread was because I thought everyone, myself included, could use a break from the drama and that some new clips might help shift the focus from "where's the Axefx 2 that I should have received yesterday" to how cool the Axe2 is and what it sounds like etc. I thought that maybe some fresh clips might switch the focus to a more positive one and might help sedate the "zoo animals, myself included, until they get their orders fulfilled.
No one can fault you for not wanting to post clips and you certainly aren't obligated to. It takes time, effort etc and if the inspiration isn't there, no problemo. You've been a great contributor here for a long time and I certainly wouldn't hold it against you if you just want to jam with the thing. :)

cheers,
Steve

Steve,

If I were you and you were me, I'd ask for the same thing. I completely understand your motivation here and do not disagree with it.

It is frustrating out there in Fractal land; on all sides of the coin. Literally and figuratively.

I just do not want to set up a situation where the 'burn the witch' folks make me the target to jump off my threads to slam Fractal. And I don't want folks hating on me for hyping - I do like the box and am not going to be afraid to say so - when it is not in stock. My threads won't be just clips from now on; I want to start up the conversation and talk about the box.... not the sales process.

As with most things on the Net; there is a half life of 2 weeks. So next week it should be calm enough to jump in the water with the sharks. I am a big boy, but really have enough on the plate in real life than to deal with folks taking pot shots at me or Fractal because I open my trap.

Plus there are enough new owners of production units out there that they'll be posting lots of clips with all the different types of playing and such that folks desire.

Peace.

Steve,

If I were you and you were me, I'd ask for the same thing. I completely understand your motivation here and do not disagree with it.

It is frustrating out there in Fractal land; on all sides of the coin. Literally and figuratively.

I just do not want to set up a situation where the 'burn the witch' folks make me the target to jump off my threads to slam Fractal. And I don't want folks hating on me for hyping - I do like the box and am not going to be afraid to say so - when it is not in stock. My threads won't be just clips from now on; I want to start up the conversation and talk about the box.... not the sales process.

As with most things on the Net; there is a half life of 2 weeks. So next week it should be calm enough to jump in the water with the sharks. I am a big boy, but really have enough on the plate in real life than to deal with folks taking pot shots at me or Fractal because I open my trap.

Plus there are enough new owners of production units out there that they'll be posting lots of clips with all the different types of playing and such that folks desire.

Peace.

No sweat. Enjoy your new toy. I can't wait!

...ok, now the rest of you out there hiding in the shrubs...we're paying a buck a clip today. :)

Unpacked my Axe 2 and got about an hour with it.

To all of the high gain guys....do not worry, Axe 2 has all the balls of the Ultra...on steroids.
You can dial in more gain without losing clarity or having it get mushy.

Just flipping through the presets, the models all sound excellent. For lack of a better way to describe it...the amps sound richer and more distinct. I would have said in the past that some of the high gain amps sounded similar to each other....now, not so much. My favorites so far (which I've always liked)...are the FAS models. I think I'm going to be ditching my 'go to' Brit Pre patch for the FAS Lead.

Hope to get some recordings done soon.

Unpacked my Axe 2 and got about an hour with it.

To all of the high gain guys....do not worry, Axe 2 has all the balls of the Ultra...on steroids.
You can dial in more gain without losing clarity or having it get mushy.

Just flipping through the presets, the models all sound excellent. For lack of a better way to describe it...the amps sound richer and more distinct. I would have said in the past that some of the high gain amps sounded similar to each other....now, not so much. My favorites so far (which I've always liked)...are the FAS models. I think I'm going to be ditching my 'go to' Brit Pre patch for the FAS Lead.

Hope to get some recordings done soon.

Nice... can't wait

What the?...... How on earth did a simple request for some cliche tasteless rock riffs become so theatrical and dramatic all of a sudden?

Did I miss something earlier in the thread?

What the?...... How on earth did a simple request for some cliche tasteless rock riffs become so theatrical and dramatic all of a sudden?

Cliche and tasteless...really? Yeah, that's right. There must have been 20 songs before VH1 that had that same riff. ...and now that I think of it, the intro to Walk this way must have been used at least a dozen times by the Everly brothers. :)

Clips anyone?

Back
Top Bottom