Axe with studio headphones

Studio monitor headphones. I'd suggest the ones I got, they're better than almost everything I've tried. Only I $300 pair sounded better. I have Audio-Technia ATH-M50. They are killer for this kind of thing. They are jus over $100. Of course in the end, you can't really do a final mix of a song with headphones safely, because their upper frequency range is so low.

thricegod1288 said:
dtk_king said:
I'm about to order my Axe system (still trying to decide ultra vs standard), along with a mackie VLZ 402 mixer. I plan to use this exclusively with studio monitor headphones for now (I don't gig, and I'm not planning to spend money on FRFR amps/monitors/power amps and cabs) with my guitar going ---> Axe FX (stereo) ---> VlZ-402---> headphones. I'm also going to hook up my computer so i can play along to backing tracks and what not.

Any suggestions on my (future) setup?

+1 im trying to do all of this to i wanna be able to run my axe fx into my computer and play along to power tab, itunes, guitarpro, and custom backing track

I wanna know how to go about this as well?

I'm going to use the tape inputs on the Mackie VLZ 402, going from my mbp's headphone out into that. My headphoens will plug into the headphone jack on the mixer so i can hear my mac and my Axe-fX.

thricegod1288 said:
dtk_king said:
I'm about to order my Axe system (still trying to decide ultra vs standard), along with a mackie VLZ 402 mixer. I plan to use this exclusively with studio monitor headphones for now (I don't gig, and I'm not planning to spend money on FRFR amps/monitors/power amps and cabs) with my guitar going ---> Axe FX (stereo) ---> VlZ-402---> headphones. I'm also going to hook up my computer so i can play along to backing tracks and what not.

Any suggestions on my (future) setup?

+1 im trying to do all of this to i wanna be able to run my axe fx into my computer and play along to power tab, itunes, guitarpro, and custom backing track

I wanna know how to go about this as well?

I'm pluggin my mbp's headphone out into the mixer's tape inputs, and using the mackie's headphone out to monitor the AxeFX rig and the computer.

jerotas said:
Studio monitor headphones. I'd suggest the ones I got, they're better than almost everything I've tried. Only I $300 pair sounded better. I have Audio-Technia ATH-M50. They are killer for this kind of thing. They are jus over $100. Of course in the end, you can't really do a final mix of a song with headphones safely, because their upper frequency range is so low.

Thanks, but I'm quite happy with the closed back Sennheiser HD280's I have. Noise isolation is great for my applications.

dtk_king said:
jerotas said:

Thanks, but I'm quite happy with the closed back Sennheiser HD280's I have. Noise isolation is great for my applications.
Those are excellent, I've used them before :)

If you're talking headphones... The following is what I'd choose from for a full set:

• Sony MDR-7506
    Senn HD280
    AKG K240 series

If you want to go HD, Bose or audiophile, expect to pay outrageous prices for not a whole lot extra. IMHO.
IMHO - My $29 pair of Sony MDR-EX55's sounds just as good as the Bose noise-canceling "on-ear" phones. The EX55's are in-ear and don't have the noise-cancelling. Depends on your needs. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom