Axe vs. Spark - Just for fun

The only amp sim I’ve come across that’s as close to the real thing as an AxeFX (IMO) was Thermionik’s FB-100, which is a Friedman BE-100 sim. It was like $12 and I used it on a TON of demos a couple years back. The rest of Thermionik’s sims...eh, weren’t bad, just didn’t have the same accuracy. Amplitube’s Mesa pack wasn’t too bad either, but took me forever to dial it in.

Actually, I have a clip of that Thermionik. I just saw recently they pulled them from their site and aren’t currently selling them anymore. Guess it was one guy doing it all on his own, which was pretty impressive.

The only amp sim I’ve come across that’s as close to the real thing as an AxeFX (IMO) was Thermionik’s FB-100, which is a Friedman BE-100 sim. It was like $12 and I used it on a TON of demos a couple years back. The rest of Thermionik’s sims...eh, weren’t bad, just didn’t have the same accuracy. Amplitube’s Mesa pack wasn’t too bad either, but took me forever to dial it in.

Actually, I have a clip of that Thermionik. I just saw recently they pulled them from their site and aren’t currently selling them anymore. Guess it was one guy doing it all on his own, which was pretty impressive.

Oh yeah, that sim is surprisingly good!

Back
Top Bottom