Axe V9 / Metallica - Blackened

Sounds good. Less scooped than the original (not a bad thing). I like it. You have the Metallica style nailed.

Four things...

1. The feel (midrange Metallica signature sound) is definitely there
2. Less gain than the original
3. Much more guitar low end than the original track
4. I can't hear the bass track (which I'm sure isn't there) at all, so it's definitely just like the original in that respect! ;) :D

Great job!!!

P.S. I think this is Metallica's best album (and Justice for All...) because of the use of melody and structure, (I would love to hear a re-mastered version of this album with bass, I've heard a couple of rock band tracks with that)... they didn't give a shit that their songs where 7-10 minutes long, awesome!!! My personal favorite of the whole bunch!

Awesome man, simply awesome. That album was the one that got me started playing guitar back in 88, and you've simply nailed it, yet better.

Sounds fantastic mate - and excellent playing to boot!

I am a bit of a patch collecting whore :lol: :lol: :lol: Any chance you might share the patch or settings?

cheers,

VidarAus

What fun clip to listen to! Excellent playing and I might like the tone more than the original.

I've been researching the Axe FX and Eleven Rack for the past 2 weeks (just recently on the Axe FX board). I am at the point where I am listening to clips of each and came accross this amazing piece...excellent job on every angle. I started playing in the late 90's and Metallica was all I knew.

Because the Eleven Rack is so new I am having a hard time finding clips with this type of music. I was not even considering the Axe FX until I viewed the videos on the Fractal Audio website. I come from a triple recto/line 6 vetta background and I am slowly falling in love with the Axe FX...looking to find alternate ways to do what the Eleven Rack can and Axe FX cannot.

I'm going to listen to this track again! lol

Very great playing! Something in the guitar tone sounds a bit unnatural in the highs, I have this same effect on some of my patches but did not traced down the reason for it.

Jerry S said:
I've been researching the Axe FX and Eleven Rack for the past 2 weeks (just recently on the Axe FX board). I am at the point where I am listening to clips of each and came accross this amazing piece...excellent job on every angle. I started playing in the late 90's and Metallica was all I knew.

Because the Eleven Rack is so new I am having a hard time finding clips with this type of music. I was not even considering the Axe FX until I viewed the videos on the Fractal Audio website. I come from a triple recto/line 6 vetta background and I am slowly falling in love with the Axe FX...looking to find alternate ways to do what the Eleven Rack can and Axe FX cannot.

I'm going to listen to this track again! lol

Hi.
Thanks for listening guys, I don't know anything about eleven rack, but I bet it'll hard to beat Axe-FX when it comes to high gain. and yes, you gotta spend serious time to explore the Axe-Fx to starting to get some decent tone... and the key of metallica sound is not Axe.. it's.. insane overdubbing :twisted:
Actually I'm having a hard time to get some nice warm cabinet simulation, thinkin about palmer and use that as a cabinet simulator of Axe.. ;)

RiF said:
Very great playing! Something in the guitar tone sounds a bit unnatural in the highs, I have this same effect on some of my patches but did not traced down the reason for it.

I agree, it's OK with more modern metal stuff but makes me hard to replicate 80-90's creamy-analogus gain.

bjoo said:
ed:
Actually I'm having a hard time to get some nice warm cabinet simulation, thinkin about palmer and use that as a cabinet simulator of Axe.. ;)
I have a Palmer PDI-03 collecting dust in my rack from the day I got my Axe-Fx. The device is great for recording direct (NOT speaker emulated) tones from a kranked real amp which then get processed by a cab IR, but I would not use it for serious speaker emulation.

bolts said:
Awesome! :shock:

I'd be very keen to delve into your patch settings!!.....hint hint :roll:

Thanks dude,
It's 6 tracks for rhythm guitar.
1. One is hard LR, Mk2 - JCM - JCM2000 cabinet. it's for warm-grind kinda tone.
2. Two is panned 10 o'clock, Mk2 - JCM2000 cabinet. it's for punchy and chewy mesa tone.
3. Three is hard LR, using same tone as a no.1 and just for chuggy bottom string.

Same with orchestration guitars.. so when orchestration part comes in my DAW playng freaking 10 tracks at once!!
And Mk4 lead preset for lead tone.

I think I can mess with more cabinets and blend them for more 'fuller tone' but it's too much time spending already :p

Back
Top Bottom