Axe Standard Locking up

jay_w

Since I have upgraded to 9.0 I have had my AxeFx lock up on me about 5 times. It happened last night at a rehearsal when I was switching patches. It has happened other times at home when changing patches and once when editing. When it happens it just lets out a high pitch tone that is not really very loud. The only thing I can do is cycle the power. I never had this happen before 9.0. Anyone had this happen? Is this a known issue?

Thanks
JW

jay_w said:
Since I have upgraded to 9.0 I have had my AxeFx lock up on me about 5 times. It happened last night at a rehearsal when I was switching patches. It has happened other times at home when changing patches and once when editing. When it happens it just lets out a high pitch tone that is not really very loud. The only thing I can do is cycle the power. I never had this happen before 9.0. Anyone had this happen? Is this a known issue?

Thanks
JW

Are you using the editor when it happens?

I was not using the editor when it happened. Happened once when in edit mode but I was not using any kind of editor.
Has happened when switching patches via a midi controller as well.

I am using 9 and have not had any issues.Try going back to previous firmware to see if it still does it.That way you will know if it is a software issue.Then try reloading 9 again.

javajunkie said:
best thing to do is just contact support and let them work with you on troubleshooting it.

I'll do that. I just wanted to see if it was an issue anyone else has been having.

Last Saturday I decided at the last minute that a nice tremelo would be good in a certain song and was tweaking the "Riders" patch during the pre-gig warm up when my standard locked up with a shrieking howl. It did it two more times in a row before I just said "screw it" and skipped the tremelo idea. I haven't tried sticking a trem block in one of my regular patches yet.

Back
Top Bottom