Axe rack stand

Sauro_on_guitar

Inspired
Vendor
Anyone can suggest her or his solution to stand an Axe FX III on stage? I not always have a free rack box where to put in and I was wondering I can't find any small x keyboard stand for my rack (I would have a stable 80cm / 1m high stand).
How do you handle it?

I use the Konig & Meyer 18825 (seems discontinued and replaced by 18826, which looks exactly the same). Very stable and height is adjustable. Works like a charm!

I'm sure that I'm a weirdo. But I never need to touch or look at my AxeFXIII during a show. Mine is in a rack which is off the ground, which is handy if it ever came to accessing it. That said, I sometimes leave that rack behind the rear or side curtain. Placement doesn't matter since I'm not plugged into it; both my guitar and in-ears are wireless, and my MMGT16 <-> AxeFX III connection is via Widi (wireless bluetooth MIDI).

I sometimes use a small portable piano bench to set the Axe's rack on. I throw a black cloth over the bench just to make it disappear. Or, I set it on my 1x12 cab.

Mine is in a 4U rack with a power conditioner, I stand it sideways on my pedalboard case next to my Mission Gemini.

Sometimes the Gemini sits on an amp stand that gives it a bit of tilt, depends on the gig/venue, but that still all fits on this case.

Admittedly, incredibly rare that I do any kind of adjustment in the Axe-FX at a gig. If I know I'm going to be doing some kind of editing (e.g. some kind of rehearsal), I tend to bring a laptop and edit via Axe-Edit. That's not to say I'm not comfortable editing on the front panel, very comfortable in fact, but the laptop can be brought up higher to a more convenient position - I don't ever worry about positioning the Axe-FX for convenience on a gig.

20210925_163242.jpg

Last edited:
I have the 212 Gemini FRFR and a 5 space SKB rack for my AXE, patchbay. I was thinking of adding two folding shelf brackets to the back of my Gemini. I could easily balance my SKB on top my cab and save floor space? It also would get it off the ground and make it easier to tweak if needed. Thoughts?
Folding-Shelf-Brackets-Collapsible-Bracket

I have personally never touched anything but the output knobs during a gig, tweaking should be done well in advance, not during showtime.
So my Axe always stayed in a 10space rolling rack with my power amp, midi interface, audio interface, and wireless.

Doesn't point the gear up at all, adjusting on the front panel would be a bit awkward I'd think.

That doesn't bother you?
I have to admit, ever since going to the FM9 I miss having an amp behind me to put stuff on like my phone, in ear case etc. Dumb stuff you don't even think about. If I decided to go full boat AxeFX I'd get this stand simply to give myself a place to put stuff...

I have the 212 Gemini FRFR and a 5 space SKB rack for my AXE, patchbay. I was thinking of adding two folding shelf brackets to the back of my Gemini. I could easily balance my SKB on top my cab and save floor space? It also would get it off the ground and make it easier to tweak if needed. Thoughts?
Folding-Shelf-Brackets-Collapsible-Bracket
Just make sure not to put them too high. You don't want to mess up the center of gravity on your Gemini and have everything topple over mid gig!

Back
Top Bottom