Axe rack stand

I have to admit, ever since going to the FM9 I miss having an amp behind me to put stuff on like my phone, in ear case etc. Dumb stuff you don't even think about. If I decided to go full boat AxeFX I'd get this stand simply to give myself a place to put stuff...
These days, my rack actually goes on top of our rolling IEM rack so it's even a bit higher than the WS-540, but the other guys in the band use my stand.

However, it's been a while since we gigged and we all 3 have FM9s now... But the IEM rack can still serve as a tabletop once we start playing out again.

I've been using the same solution for decades for rack gear on stage.

A 6U SKB rack case sitting on an X Stand, basically a keyboard stand. SKB (and I'm sure many others) make these rack cases to work with keyboard stands, and the appropriate cutouts are molded into the edges of the rack case. It's rock solid and brings the gear up to a height that's perfect for most folks. Its a very cost effective solution that is easy to setup/breakdown and protects your gear. For your situation you could just get the 3U if that's all you need, and a decent keyboard stand. In today's prices I'm betting the whole kit would be ~$300, rack and stand.

PXL_20230317_192509013.jpg

Reactions: ESW
Like the guys say. Like this

I would be a bit nervous just sitting the AxeFX on a stand

A bit of a follow-up. I love this option, however I have my Axe FX III in a Gator 4U Rack Bag so there aren't any feet protruding to lock it into place. I also got a Gator Frameworks Combo Amp Stand for it which is great, except...it's too short.

So are there any solutions for a higher amp stand that will either lock in the Axe FX while in a rack bag? Bonus points if the base is large enough to fit an Electro-Voice PXM-12MP floor monitor underneath for a smaller footprint (asking a lot, I suppose, but worth a shot).

Edit: Link removed because I don't have enough posts to include URLs, but it was the modified On-Stage brand adjustable height amp stand project linked in Neelfy's post.

How about a rockcart(I think that's the name). I've always used my CLR as a wedge. For an upcoming gig I'll need it as backline, so I have 2 CLR's on it with my axeIii on top of them(ratchet strap locking them all together). You could put your rack bag on a shelf on the cart.

How about a rockcart(I think that's the name). I've always used my CLR as a wedge. For an upcoming gig I'll need it as backline, so I have 2 CLR's on it with my axeIii on top of them(ratchet strap locking them all together). You could put your rack bag on a shelf on the cart.
How tall are the rockcarts you're talking about? Whenever I look for something like that online, the ones I find are like gear dollies that are great, but very pretty to the ground. I'm not seeing a more vertical one with shelves; if there was something like that which could store the speaker AND Axe FX III on shelves that was pretty secure, that would be great.

Then the last couple years I had this custom built. Has a door in the back also that I have a wireless router power supply and Belkin Thunderbolt hub bolted to. My everything rig in one box. Also have a cord and do=dads box that fits in the bottom that double as an old farts can't jump up on stage step.

IMG_4272.jpegIMG_5111.jpeg68273726151__F69B8C4B-D151-47A9-BDC1-7C33CDDF5B3B.jpeg

I use an Ultimate AMP-150 amp stand, with a couple of pieces of tubing to extend the "legs" to make contact with the top of my 4U rack case. It keeps the Axe angled up in front of me, if the gig allows for it. Easy access to everything. And it's low to the ground, in case somebody gets rambunctious and knocks it over. An FC-6 (or FC-12, depending) plus an EV-1 expression pedal complete the rig. As always, a 12'-long guitar cable lies coiled under the Axe in case my wireless fails.

20200108_181407-jpg.61984

122885.jpg

FWIW, I've been using that Ultimate amp stand since way back in my Axe-Fx Ultra days...

axe-fx-on-stand-2-jpg.16999

Back
Top Bottom