Axe PC

browlett said:
I've stayed out of the conversation about this product until now. i just wanted to cast my vote (even though nobody probably cares what I think). Anyway, I personally hope that this product NEVER gets made public. If someone hacks the software and is somehow able to crack some magic code or figure out how Cliff has created the good stuff in the AXE FX, it could mean bad things for Fractal Audio. And, I just don't want to see that happen. I love what Fractal Audio Systems is right now. I don't want anything to come around which could jeopardize what Cliff has going. I just don't think it's worth it. I can get by with using my actual AXE FX Ultra and hooking it up to my PC the conventional way. Whatever sacrifice I'm making is worth avoiding any potential bad alternative. I'd hate to see (for example) the codes getting cracked by some dork over at Line 6 and ruining things for Cliff. ...And, subsequently, the rest of us.

I am no expert when it comes to programing of any kind (far from that) but
isn't it possible that someone is "cracking" AxeFx as it is?

Muris_Varajic said:
They could not be cracking it as its primarily a hardware device, not software.
However, they could be reverse-engineering it, both hardware and software.. since the system is software upgradable.

That IMHO would be something of a challenge.

browlett said:
I've stayed out of the conversation about this product until now. i just wanted to cast my vote (even though nobody probably cares what I think). Anyway, I personally hope that this product NEVER gets made public. If someone hacks the software and is somehow able to crack some magic code or figure out how Cliff has created the good stuff in the AXE FX, it could mean bad things for Fractal Audio. And, I just don't want to see that happen. I love what Fractal Audio Systems is right now. I don't want anything to come around which could jeopardize what Cliff has going. I just don't think it's worth it. I can get by with using my actual AXE FX Ultra and hooking it up to my PC the conventional way. Whatever sacrifice I'm making is worth avoiding any potential bad alternative. I'd hate to see (for example) the codes getting cracked by some dork over at Line 6 and ruining things for Cliff. ...And, subsequently, the rest of us.

+100000000000000000000000

s0c9 said:
Muris_Varajic said:
They could not be cracking it as its primarily a hardware device, not software.
However, they could be reverse-engineering it, both hardware and software.. since the system is software upgradable.

That IMHO would be something of a challenge.

Relax. This product is copyright protected. Anyone attempting to put anything out there based on it will get their tities in a wringer. They will be sued in court. On top of that they will need to build hardware to run it on. The last time I checked the Axe-Fx ULTRA is built on top of a monster processor. Then there is the user interface that would resemble the Axe-Fx ULTRA. ...then there would be a few Ninjas that would wipe out all their lawyers after wiping out all the thieve's families. And then there's the idiots bold enough to take one of these knock-offs to the stage. Have you seen the mosh pit in reverse yet? Instead of jumping into the crowd somebodies going to throw a folsom pointed spear through the guitar player's heart. Death Metal ! :evil:

Cliff's a better business man than me.... I'm sure he appreciates our advice, but I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

gizmotron said:
Relax. This product is copyright protected. Anyone attempting to put anything out there based on it will get their tities in a wringer. They will be sued in court. On top of that they will need to build hardware to run it on. The last time I checked the Axe-Fx ULTRA is built on top of a monster processor. Then there is the user interface that would resemble the Axe-Fx ULTRA. ...then there would be a few Ninjas that would wipe out all their lawyers after wiping out all the thieve's families. And then there's the idiots bold enough to take one of these knock-offs to the stage. Have you seen the mosh pit in reverse yet? Instead of jumping into the crowd somebodies going to throw a folsom pointed spear through the guitar player's heart. Death Metal ! :evil:
ROTFLMAO !!!
I couldn't agree more :lol:

s0c9 said:
gizmotron said:
ROTFLMAO !!!

Psystar cost Apple a lot of money in many court battles, although Apple has billions to dip into for just the very reason. Some companies do NOT have deep pockets, though you might think otherwise given their high profile, number of users, etc. Remember, that no matter what your copyright, trademark or proprietary "anything" is, you have to have money to fight. And if you can't fight, others can bleed you out, and do - all day long in this country.

My $0.02

Dig

What do you think if somebody create a Website to test Axe-Fx online and do online reamping?
Is it legal or not?

Alex

jhuggins said:
interesting
You can see hardware rent in any musical store. And is is legal. Right?
What is the difference between a music store rent and online rent?
I think it IS legal, but not 100% sure yet :)

Answer something , please.

There are a lot of reamping services that let you send in a DI track and have it run through gear and sent back to you. I don't see why doing the same thing with an Axe-FX would be any different as far as the legality of it. I don't know how well it would do, though, since if people pay money to reamp their tracks, they're generally going to want it going through real gear.

Well I really dont care about the physical interface, I would really just love to see this product
I was thinking about an axe FX really seriously until I heard about this product many many months ago..
But now I cannot justify putting the $$ into an axe FX when this is coming, the axe FX's processor is fixed
and with a PC it is nearly limitless.

Cliff, I hope your development is going well whatever you decide to do with the copy protection etc.. etc..
who cares...
I am eagerly awaiting this product because I know it will deliver, just as all the other Fractual Audio products always do.
I hope to see this soon
Thanks

diggi said:
s0c9 said:
gizmotron said:
ROTFLMAO !!!

Psystar cost Apple a lot of money in many court battles, although Apple has billions to dip into for just the very reason. Some companies do NOT have deep pockets, though you might think otherwise given their high profile, number of users, etc. Remember, that no matter what your copyright, trademark or proprietary "anything" is, you have to have money to fight. And if you can't fight, others can bleed you out, and do - all day long in this country.

My $0.02

Dig

Right .... but if a small company like Fractal gets stepped over by a corporate giant
there will be 10 law firms offering their services for free..... assuming it's clear cut case.

;)

Can we at least get confirmation that this product is in development?

If it is, I'll hold off on buying an Ultra. If it's shelved, I'll buy an Ultra.

theliving said:
Why doesn't Fractal give any indication of progress?
Welcome to the enigma that is "fractal audio systems"... Great in almost every way except keeping their customers informed... This has always perplexed me greatly, the seeming "shroud of secrecy". I mean, if you don't want your customers to know about a product, don't announce it in the first place! If you are going to announce it then it is my opinion that you owe it to your loyal followers to issue updates. If it is no where near completion or has suffered from setbacks then at least your customers will respect the fact that you've been up front with the situation.

Back
Top Bottom