AXE live at Oprah that Wednesday

Pete that sounded awesome and thanks for sharing! Thanks too for being active in the forums. Add to that Melissa Etheridge still sounds really good live.

I am curious as to what amp/cab combination you used if you have the time...

Great guitar sound and ME sounded great. Her voice gave me goosebumps.

But hoped to see more of the guitar playing and maybe a shot of the AxeFx. Considering they did everything but zoom in on ME's nose hair, you'd think they could have showed the other members of the band for more than 1 second from 300 feet back.

Chad said:
you'd think they could have showed the other members of the band for more than 1 second from 300 feet back.

In the dark... standing behind a stage riser...

I agree though, the sound was fantastic :cool: . Shame Oprah didn't like it :lol:

Hi dudes, I used the plexi2 and 2 red wirez IR's, at the same level and panned 20% R and L- the basketweave 25's with 57 at 1" cap edge and the regular greenback 1960A with same mic/distance settings.

delay is pretty standard, just some modulation added and it's after the cab sims ib the chain of things.

I used the axe again today on both the view and good morning america, if those show up online anywwhere.

rock on!

Nice tones. The tone on GMA was quite righteous. Was that the axe fx also?

PS
I am not a huge fan of Melissa Ethridge stylistically but I certainly can respect the performance and talent that she brings to contemporary pop radio. She is also a very nice lady to share a row with on a 4 hour flight. I sat next to her on a Northwest flight from Mini-hopeless to Seattle back in the 90s. Very nice and well spoken. I can only assume that she is a great musician to work with. Kudos to the OP for living the dream and three cheers for the Axe Fx.

rjpilot said:
The tone on GMA was quite righteous. Was that the axe fx also?

"I used the axe again today on both the view and good morning america, if those show up online anywwhere."

Miss that on the first readthrough? ;)

The Good Morning America performance was great. Sounded like the Oprah and View performances were mixed to mono. However on the GMA performance you could hear the stereo delays.

Great playing and tone Pete! I like the direction ME has taken with her new album, it might be worth picking up.

Very nice tone Pete!!! I love the way it cut through the mix..perfect. I think ME sounded the best I've ever heard. She has always had a lot of passion in her style but this is the best voice control I've heard from her. Hope that is taken as a compliment. I think as musicians we should get better with age and she is certainly doing it IMHO. You definately have the dream job Pete. Nice!

Back
Top Bottom