Axe is dying on a gig... please help!

dB

Inspired
My II keeps going silent... about every 20 minutes. The LEDs just start sinking and the volume drops out. My wireless is still working, just no signal going into the Axe. Power cycling brings it back to life, but it sux when this happens on the middle of a song! Any suggestions? I have 2 more sets.

Well, I survived the gig with only one more incident. Didn't get to see these suggestions until after the gig. Saturday will be spent trouble shooting and I'll try the rear input. I'll report back when I have more details.

As a side note... my new XL is now at the local UPS hub, but it is not due to be delivered until Monday. My current unit will become a backup when I get the new XL dialed in. Wow, I thought it would be torture to wait until Monday just 'cuz I wanted to play... but I have another gig tomorrow night and I can't get my hands on the new XL. Fingers crossed. Thanks Cliff and ocaptainjr2!

I'm having a similar problem, i've noticed every now and again when the band is practicing, i leave the axe fx on for 20 minutes with the guitar turned down, and when i come back, sometimes everything is quite or really soft

Its getting signal as i can see the lights moving, however i get no sound until i reboot

Ive only noticed it during practice, and at such times the usb is connected with axe edit on

Anyone with any ideas?

I'm having a similar problem, i've noticed every now and again when the band is practicing, i leave the axe fx on for 20 minutes with the guitar turned down, and when i come back, sometimes everything is quite or really soft

Its getting signal as i can see the lights moving, however i get no sound until i reboot
Anyone with any ideas?

Is the edit light lit?
Does switching off the preset and back again fix it?

If you answered yes to either of those, you should go through all the blocks and bypass them one after another. Work out which one is killing your signal.

Did you have USB connected and Axe Edit running? Imho I wouldn't use USB live. It's the culprit of a lot of crashing.

I've had mine crash like this. Nothing plugged in except my guitar and MFC. Cycling power fixes it, but I hope it doesn't happen at a gig!

How old are the tubes in the AxeFx? In the amp block, change the tubes to 6l6 then back. That should reset the tube life simulator. Lol.

Sent from Windows Phone Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom