Axe III Upgrade

Does any of you own the latest of the latest release of your other devices such as the car, watch, phone, tablet, fridge, washing machine, TV, stereo, microwave oven, air conditioner, shaving machine, dildo, etc?

It must create a lot of anxiety to always want to own the peak of technology these days.

It's those dildos that'll get ya every time. You don't even want to know what those firmware fights are like.

... You missed my point and I’m sure it’s not the first time in your life you’ve been wrong and it certainly won’t be the last. You’ll be ok. ...
My apologies for further dragging this out.... I read your response too quickly earlier and missed this.

The above is an interesting comment of below the belt mudslinging. Did I insult you personally (If so, I sincerely am sorry and will take full responsibility for it)? Any reason why you needed to personally insult me?

I'm not upset about it In the least, but it is interesting as you claim to enjoy peace yet have provoked war...😄

Me too! I was just waiting to see how it was going to end up… if the glass was going to be half empty, half full, or if it was going to be just one more frickin’ dirty dish to wash!

Lol. Hilarious. They can release another new model, the Turbo II next week. Would we rather they sit stagnant for years? Theyve had a couple of minor revisions in a few years. Thats completely reasonable. Theres no guarantee buying ANYTHING that immediately after purchase a new model or an upgrade will be announced. Thats life. Tech moves fast. Awesome it does too 🤷‍♂️

If we all told Cliff to stop working on new shit until we were bored with our current units, we’d never have another new Fractal product again.

I much prefer this route. There’s nothing my III can’t do that I need it to. There is no true need for these things at all, so crying over the newest thing just because you don’t have it is ……well, it’s not a good look. There are far more things in this world to have that kind of emotional investment over.

Trying to always be on the latest and greatest is a fool's errand.

Be happy with what you got. If you're not, sell it and get the new thing. But it's gonna cost. That's just the reality of how technology works these days, no escaping or fighting it. Gotta accept it.

It does not seem reasonable that a Mk I AxeIII cannot be upgraded to operate all new features with new firmware. Its really not right. I can see if the product was very old; min 5 years to 10 years then its outdated but to be cockblocked on a few year old device is just wrong, sorry

There's not enough space, what do you want Cliff to do? It's a physical limitation, also you can use it in the scratchpad if you must, the only other option is Cliff removes the feature and Mk2 users don't get it at all, which is not fair to mk2 owners.

Last edited:
I really feel if the "Axe Fx Mark II" was instead named the "Axe Fx IV" people would not be freaking out as much.
Change the location of the buttons and knobs and screen and it would be more acceptable. But because the "Mark I" & "Mark II" share the same name, and for the most part look identical. People just loose it and make unreasonable demands.

Is it ok to ask (can my current unit be upgraded?): Of coarse ! But dont start telling Fractal how to rebuild the thing.

I have a Mark I. Am I a little disappointed? Sure! I get it. But when you are purchasing something, its being purchased for what it is today, not what it might be tomorrow. Allot of other companies will address problems with firmware fix's/upgrades and at times more features which they usually charge for. Fractal: get the best of both worlds with no price tag, and really fast. (This is not news to anyone on this forum)
My Mark I, with all the firmware upgrades is not even the same unit as when purchased, its much more.

I don't write heavy CPU patches so as long as core firmware quality is the same I don't care about a minor tweaks to hardware. When the thing gets a full overhaul and Axe 4 comes out and takes core things higher I will maximise value by getting one straight away. I think the main issues is people who just got a mk 2 and now we have turbo which is the same thing but over clocked ( I think ) will be pissed because mk 2 is pretty new by anything but phone standards. I can't help but think this firmware was designed to create a differentiation between mk 1 and 2 that in most products would not even warrant a mention on the box bar a "new improved" sticker for a month or two.

I really feel if the "Axe Fx Mark II" was instead named the "Axe Fx IV" people would not be freaking out as much.
Change the location of the buttons and knobs and screen and it would be more acceptable. But because the "Mark I" & "Mark II" share the same name, and for the most part look identical. People just loose it and make unreasonable demands.

Is it ok to ask (can my current unit be upgraded?): Of coarse ! But dont start telling Fractal how to rebuild the thing.

I have a Mark I. Am I a little disappointed? Sure! I get it. But when you are purchasing something, its being purchased for what it is today, not what it might be tomorrow. Allot of other companies will address problems with firmware fix's/upgrades and at times more features which they usually charge for. Fractal: get the best of both worlds with no price tag, and really fast. (This is not news to anyone on this forum)
My Mark I, with all the firmware upgrades is not even the same unit as when purchased, its much more.
They are almost identical. If mark 2 came out as Axe 4 they would be more pissed as it is not an upgrade in anything anyone needs until this software created a reason for buying one.

They are almost identical. If mark 2 came out as Axe 4 they would be more pissed as it is not an upgrade in anything anyone needs until this software created a reason for buying one.
Ohh I totally agree with you. I just think people lock into the visual, much quicker.
And I'm with you as far as buying a new unit, waiting for a total hardware upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom