Axe III seems to be having some issues booting up.

Curious what the FAS QC process is like.

I understand probably every unit gets looked at, but how in depth. For issues like this to happen there must be something in the process that gets missed
Fractal’s QC is rigorous.

If you read the OP, you’ll see that the unit was working fine when @El Creepo received it. You can be sure it was working fine when it left Fractal HQ.

Unfortunately i was only able to use the first one for 3-4 hours. I tried to recreate my main preset in the XL+ that night, got kind of in the ball park but it was late, and then the next time i went to power up it started acting weird. When i could actually get it to power up it would instantly freeze and be on preset "000". In the Knowlege base there seemed to be some reset options with one being a problem preset where the unit would power up at "000" and you can use that to overwrite the preset that is causing the issue, but mine was just locked up and wouldn't let me do anything. So i have no idea, and when i asked support they were unsure of what the issue was at the time.

But at least the new one is working. :)

Fractal’s QC is rigorous.

Also, no QA process can be perfect. Anyone who has worked in hardware or software will testify that sometimes issues creep through. I am not surprised we are seeing a bumps in the road - perfectly normal.

Curious what the FAS QC process is like.

I understand probably every unit gets looked at, but how in depth. For issues like this to happen there must be something in the process that gets missed

There is no 100% failproof system. Neither are we, people. Errors will creep through. That’s not important. What’s important is how these issues are dealt with. And FAS, G66 and others have a great track record in this area.

There is no 100% failproof system. Neither are we, people. Errors will creep through. That’s not important. What’s important is how these issues are dealt with. And FAS, G66 and others have a great track record in this area.
Errors of all kinds are always important. Maybe unavoidable, but lets not pretend they don't matter. I am happily going to wait before being the guinea pig for a new computer system. Fractal has always been on top of the game. Good service and great product. Im sure they are also fielding errors and doing what they can. Im not knocking Fractal at all. All new designs and products go thru this kind of thing. I also applaud the continued support in a world being overcome by disposable products.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom