Axe II Test drive

DaveZ

Inspired
Just wanted to drop a note and Thank Sean/Java for graciously allowing me into Java Studios. I had a guided tour of the Axe II and was very impressed, the gain tones seem more round/complex to me (on the amps I got to try), tight low end all around.. cleans shimmered and washed appropriately. I played my Suhr Modern24 which is pretty bright but loves clean sounds and it sounded fantastic through the Axe. I could've played on any given preset for awhile.. partly because I'm a wanker but I need a good tone (imo) to keep the playing going and it was there. The reverb and delays have so much depth its nuts.

X/Y is pretty awesome.. the layout seems much more intuitive as well. The screen in person is definitely more inviting and legible. One thing that was pretty cool is that you can have the usb being utilized for reamping as well as say communicating with Axedit simultaneously. I like that, then throw an MFC/midi controller in the mix live as well.. I'm mostly a DIY recording guy but definitely appreciate having everything communicating real time all the time without the need to unplug/rewire.. just have everything talking that needs to be. All in all I think I'll be taking the plunge when available.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom