Axe II "Comeback" from a Kemper Fan

A video demonstration of tone match would be much appreciated. I saw one on youtube that got me able to get it all set and it worked but my results could use improvement. Maybe itunes was not the best source either :)

I ordered the Deeflex, because my 1x12 is very directional, always have to tilt it. Delivery on Monday with return-and-money-back policy.
Will report back.

The Deeflexx was delivered today.
Performed a little test. And ...

Yes, it works! :)

Even though I have a slanted 1x12 guitar cab, the sound passes "below" me and is dull / dark when I stand close to the cab.
So I have to tilt the cab (using an amp stand or Standback) or stand away from it.

Now, after adding the Deeflexx, I can stand close to my cab and clearly hear the full range of it.
And when moving around the cab, the tone remains the same.
Haven't tested it with a FR monitor.

It's easy to "install". And it comes with good documentation.

Downsides:
I have to remove the wheels of my cab (no big deal as they are "plug-in").
It's quite expensive.
It's not a handy thing to carry. Doesn't fit in a small case.

Haven't done a full band rehearsal with it yet. That will happen on Thursday.
Will report back after that.

CLIFF,talking kpa tone matches.there is a splawn modded marshall 1987x over on the kpa site somewhere.the guy is demoing it over a randy road song.i now own this amp and cant seem to nail it....if you can nail its tone i ....well Cliff id freaking pay ya i want it so bad.

ok got it i think.website wont let me upload sorry.kpa tag is "splawn marshall m"

Let me know the file format extension and I will modify this forum to allow it.

Hey, mDan, I remember you from the KPA boards.
I switched to the Axe II, and all honestly, even though this was my first day with it, I was far more impressed with it than the KPA.
Back in the days the Ultra didn't do it for me, but the Axe II is a totally different animal, sounds much better.
And also, a much more mature product than the Kemper...

Its true, the axe currently is phenomenal at bedroom levels imo, i used to pay hundreds for power breaks and stuff, but getting exactly the right feel and tone is a chore with a real amp, mics, etc. Glad ur keeping it, and keeping a happy home too.

Back
Top Bottom