Axe II "Comeback" from a Kemper Fan

How will you mic your cabinet when there's that flex thing in front of the cabinet? :) It will definitely change things.

Hi, I´m using the Deeflexx for more than a year and it´s amazing, it works great with my atomic reactor, just like in the utube-clip by Hubert Hochleitner. I don´t wanna miss it again.

How will you mic your cabinet when there's that flex thing in front of the cabinet? :) It will definitely change things.

I don't mic my cab, I use an IR for FOH sound :) But it shouldn't change the sound that much when close micing I guess. There is enough room for a SM57

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

:D Haha.. you guys. But I was merely thinking about that product for the traditional use. Some guys use tape to mark the mic spot they want to use but even that changes the tone at times. Can only imagine the difference this will make but I do like this idea. I hate straight 4x12 cabs on the floor since I'm quite tall so I will never heard my guitar if the cab is not slanted. And a slanted cab sounds so much better in the room for me. All the high end clarity etc. I feel like this has the same effect.

AFAIR even the slanted Marshall 1960 cabs had a straight plate where the speakers were mounted, only the front and grill were slanted?

I ordered the Deeflex, because my 1x12 is very directional, always have to tilt it. Delivery on Monday with return-and-money-back policy.
Will report back.

CLIFF,talking kpa tone matches.there is a splawn modded marshall 1987x over on the kpa site somewhere.the guy is demoing it over a randy road song.i now own this amp and cant seem to nail it....if you can nail its tone i ....well Cliff id freaking pay ya i want it so bad.

ok got it i think.website wont let me upload sorry.kpa tag is "splawn marshall m"

I'm assuming it is the "PT Splawn Marshall M" one. If so, here is the match: Axe-Change - Download Preset - PT Splawn Marshall M - by FractalAudio

I did this with Version 9.00 so it might sound a bit different on older firmware.

I'll try tonematching the KPA this weekend. I just have to find the best way to do it. With Markus' preset (uses some weird sine sweep stuff) I got pretty good results - just the treble/presence seems different (axe got less), have to find out why. I will try to shoot a cab IR from the Kemper cab-only and then make a profile of the the Kemper amp-only - maybe that works better? I have to find out :)

If the Tone Match treble/presence are different from the reference source then try adjusting Drive and Input trim then reshoot the Tone Match. When setting the Input Trim and Drive connect your guitar and change your guitar volume levels and verify the distortion and tone on the Axe track that of the reference amp. Try another similar amp model if you can't get it close. The compression and frequency response of a tube amp change as you drive it harder/softer, approach the Axe the same way.

If you don't like the sine sweeps you can select white noise in the Synth block.

BTW - welcome back.

Last edited:
That sounds much better than my effort. Do you tonematch just by "playing the guitar" or do you use the Synth block or something like that?

Just playing the guitar. This is the same thing that is done during the KPA "refining" phase.

I should do a video but I don't really have a camera. I wonder if I can use the ipad.

Just playing the guitar. This is the same thing that is done during the KPA "refining" phase.

I should do a video but I don't really have a camera. I wonder if I can use the ipad.

Ipad camera works nicely for video if you can get it pointed where you need to.

As a videographer, grab a cheap 2nd hand Canon 550D ( Rebel T2i over in the US ) and the cheap 18-55mm kit lens.
Will shoot pro quality HD video and pretty decent sound too. Lightweight, easy to tripod mount - a majority of youtube users use the same format for making videos now ( DSLR ) and they all look fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom