Axe II and PT 10 unsupported buffer size?

Cool app for sure... It did not resolve my issue. Next I will reinstall the USB driver for the Axe II.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope... No dice... I did actually have my Axe II' USB cable not even plugged in for these last several steps. I forgot I unplugged it from my MBP to upload pics from my camera last night. Upon plugging it in it still did not work. I will now try deleting the Aggregate device and recreating it. I notice that everything selected under Axe-FX II agg device is greyed out. Deleting now... Show Nuff!!! It worked. I sure this doesn't continue to happen. At least now I know what to do.

I'm all good for now... Thanx guys!!!

Thanks for the updates, it would be useful if another is troubleshooting in future ;)

I'm getting started w/ protools today and these threads are pretty useful.
Here's my solution for this one:

Launch the setup app for Axe Fx and apply the buffer size 1028, this is a value recognized by PT.
This value is then listed when you open the playback engine setting, and the error message does not return.

Setup -> Hardware Setup-> (should show the Axe Fx II as the hardware device)-> click on "Launch setup app" box -> set buffer size-> apply.

Setup -> Hardware Setup-> (should show the Axe Fx II as the hardware device)-> click on "Launch setup app" box -> set buffer size-> apply.

Oh. Ok. I was confused by you calling it the Axe FX setup app. This is an Apple app that groups multiple audio cards together for use as a playback engine in various DAW's.

Back
Top Bottom