Axe II and Axe Edit 1.0.188...not working correctly...help, please!!

Cuervo

I uninstalled the previous version of Axe Edit which was working perfectly fine with my Axe II and installed the 1.0.188 update today. I have the AxeII connected via USB to my computer to access Axe Edit. Axe Edit appears to communicating with the AxeII (for example, when I click on the tuner button on the AxeEdit...it activates the tuner on the AxeII)...but all of the preset banks (A, B and C) in the AxeEdit are empty. When I try to run back up from the hardware...nothing happens...AxeEdit just hangs at 1%. What am I doing wrong?!

UPDATE to the above: I was able to load the all of the Axe II presets off the Bank File in Axe Edit (minor success)...but AxeEdit crashes when trying to communicate to the Axe.

Last edited:
You're doing better than I am. I can't even get it to connect. Uninstalled...reinstalled...rebooted...the whole routine...

More details pls..
Which OS, which midi device/interface.
when you say "all of the preset banks (A, B and C) in the AxeEdit are empty" do you mean there's nothing there or there's a list but the items are grayed out, or ?
Does the tuner activate inside AxeEdit when you press the tuner button?
And when you say " I was able to load the all of the Axe II presets off the Bank File in Axe Edit" are you talking about playing (auditioning) presets from within a bank file/preset folder?

Thanks, s0c9

Here's some additional info:

Axe-Edit Version: 1.0.188
Axe-Fx Model and Firmware Version:Axe-FxII firmware 1.02
Connection: (USB/MIDI... if MIDI, specify the interface) USB
OS/Version: Windows Vista
Other HW peripherals: Reference Monitors connected via balanced xlr
SW Component: (Axe-Edit/Axe-Manage/Installer/etc.) All three

The tuner does NOT activate within the Axe Edit when the tuner button is depressed on the AxeII.

As for the last part of your question...I'm not sure. All of the presets appear in the Axe Manage section under the Axe Edit banks...but the banks under the Axe Fx tree (A, B, and C) are empty (meaning, none of the presets appear, except of 000-A 59 Bassguy...everything else reads the preset number and "unknown").

Thanks

Have you synched from hardware in Axe-Edit? I think that is why you think there is a problem. You don't see the ABC preset names in the banks with Axe-Edit until it is synched, or until you load an individual preset, which is why you see 59 Bassguy(the first one).

Just go into settings in Ax-edit and choose sync and backup.

And go grab a cup of Folgers.

I've tried syncing several times...and it just hangs at 1% (I'm sure that it should have gone past this mark after 45 minutes of leaving it alone). Not sure what else I can try at this stage.

Back
Top Bottom