Axe-II - 4CM

I used 4CM with my Ceriatone Dumble clone and a D-lator. The D labor made a big difference. I originally got it because I used a G system and without it, the tone sucked horribly. Less noticeably so with the Axe II, but the issue is mainly with the amp loop which is, as in it's original design, poorly configured. The D-lator or C-lator in my case, handles that issue. No noise, better sound.
I must say that plugging the Axe FX into a loop using the 4CM is really great in more ways than one. You get the benefit of a nice power amp section into a real cab. Less messing around with settings to get a good sound.
Still, going direct is also very easy. Choices - so many of them !

I tried putting my Triaxis in as an amp in the AxeII using the 4CM and also noticed the hiss. I created a patch with nothing but the FXL block to work on it but most notable was the signal loss I encountered. Not drastic but quite noticable when playing. Kinda like my guitar volume was rolled off a little, having to push the notes out more. I tried a few different things with levels. The only thing that helped was the output level of the FXL block but it was still losing a little. My intention isn't run it that way though. I was doing it just to have it to compare against while trying to create something similar.

Well I set up for some loud tweaking last night and tried the Triaxis in the 4CM again. Unbearably loud hiss with my high gain patch in the Triaxis. Is this normal? Seems that something is wrong as loud as it is. I wouldn't even attempt to use it in this fashion.

Last edited:
Yes. Pretty bad hiss with my Bogner XTC 20th Anniv also. Turning up the Axe's output 2 pad helps some, but not enough .....

Back
Top Bottom