Axe-FX updates and memory questions

webstersp

Inspired
I decided to go with guitar cabs (2x 4x12) to use 2 different rig/amp setup inside my Axe-Fx.
I'll only use the IR's while recording at my little home studio.

I think the Axe Standard would have enough power for my 2 different setup without cab impulse.
But the important question is, is the Axe-Fx standard memory almost max out?
Can Cliff answer this one.
If he keeps adding new effects and amps in next updates will hte standard always have the same updates the Ultra will ahve?
Should I pay 500$ more to be safe..!?

Many people have upgraded over time.

With computers it is always better to have excess capacity that you think you won't need.

Many folks have started with and stayed with the Standard. Some have upgraded. Some have started with the Ultra and downgraded.
As to the memory being maxed out, there are dozens of threads on that subject in the forum. Adding new amp models and effects is in the firmware, not the memory. Memory is only affected when you actually use those new blocks.
There's a limit on how many blocks you can use anyway. You can max out the memory on both Standard and Ultra today if you want.
A better question might be is the firmware capacity maxed out. Only Cliff can answer that.
Take a look at the wiki page that compares Standard and the Ultra.
The question you need to answer for yourself is do I need 6x the memory, a 20% faster processor + effect blocks not found on the Standard. And... is all that worth the extra $$. For me it was... others not.

My question really is: is the firmware capacity maxed out?
I would be ok with the standard but I want to be able to use all futur updates!

Back
Top Bottom