Axe-fx ultra

shredroit

Hi!
Didn’t really know where to post it, hence the lounge section!
I’m fairly new in the modeling game and was hoping to be advised by more experienced people. Recently, I’ve decided to pull the trigger on the fx ultra, as it seems good enough for my needs. The thing that bothers me, though, is whether the axe-edit(?) (the digital preset editor) is still working fine. I know that first gen units aren’t supported anymore, but what I do not know is whether the firmware, with which I’d be stuck, is still working.
Cheers

Hey! What I meant is that the most recent downloadable thing is from 2011. Correct me if I’m wrong, because I have never before put my hands on a fractal, but it says on the page that it does not support any newer mac-os than catalina. Im running the newest os and am just not sure whether there is a way to install said editor on my computer.

Hey! What I meant is that the most recent downloadable thing is from 2011. Correct me if I’m wrong, because I have never before put my hands on a fractal, but it says on the page that it does not support any newer mac-os than catalina. Im running the newest os and am just not sure whether there is a way to install said editor on my computer.
The Axe Ultra was discontinued 13 years ago. Sounds like you will need to use another PC\laptop\mac if you need Axe Edit.... or just get a newer Fractal

Yeah, I was gonna suggest picking up old Mac laptop. I have one from 2011 that’s still going strong. I put an ssd in it and use it to record gigs. It starts up in about 30 seconds and has a lovely keyboard on it.

Well-deserved thanks to you, my dudes. Was hoping to be able to run some third party emulator, but my best guess is that getting a unit so old might just not be justifiable.
Cheers

Well-deserved thanks to you, my dudes. Was hoping to be able to run some third party emulator, but my best guess is that getting a unit so old might just not be justifiable.
Cheers
I recently bought an original iPad to run my mixer. Not that the mixer wouldn’t run on a new one, but it was something like 60 bucks and I needed another device to do it. I personally wouldn’t change my mind on a purchase based on needing a sub 100 dollar machine to operate it.

Back
Top Bottom