AXE FX Ultra won't save my ir's

starswimmer

I am new to this so please forgive me if it's an ignorant question.

This is what I'm doing:
Using preset manager

Left side pull up ir folder (redwirez from their AXE FX folder, basketweave)
Drag the model from left to the right hand side axe fx cab bank user slot 1
Hit save on right hand axe fx cab window/also tried save to source
save counter starts scrolling to the right and stops at 57% every time.
Dot to the left of the cab stays black.
When I restart, no cabs in user folder in preset manager.

Weirdly- When trying to add two cabs to a plexi patch user slots 2 and 3 wouldn't make noise. When I moved the same two cabs to user slot 1 and 4 they worked. Still wouldn't save. I tried 4 different ir's in 2 and 3 and none worked there.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Matman... I saw that on another thread. That should be a sticky!

I'll see if I can do something similar so everyone can see what's happening. Basically, my "save to source" doesn't get to 100%. I tweaked the buffer time, and still no luck.

The progress meter often does not work-- mine only gets to 100% sometimes, depending on which computer, interface, and whether or not it is raining (joke). The IR should still go though, if you use the workaround I show here, where you right click the individual Axe-Fx cab slot and choose Save to Source.

Awesome. I'll give it a whirl tonight. Thank you. And thanks for the reference vid! Great stuff.

This is weird... they still aren't saving to the Axe.

I feel like my mom.... she'll call with with issues like, "My printer doesn't work" ... uhhhhhh...

Maybe I'll contact Fractal support directly.

As an aside: be advised that the IR-"audition" functions in Axe-Edit save the IR to the User01 spot. Whatever's in there will be lost.

On topic: try SendSX (or Sysex Librarian on Mac). For SendSX: using the fromt panel of the Axe-FX select the cab sim and the user spot you wish to save the IR in, load the IR sysex in SendSX, hit a chord, hit Send in SendSX and listen for the tone changing. When it's changed, the IR is loaded and should be saved instantly.

A couple of versions of Axe-Edit ago I tried the cabsim pages of the preset manager and couldn't get it to work. I just do it this way since. When the Preset manager is out of Beta I'll try again.

Try saving one by one. Rightclick the IR in the right pane and select Save.

Dutch said:
As an aside: be advised that the IR-"audition" functions in Axe-Edit save the IR to the User01 spot. Whatever's in there will be lost.

Interestingly, this works. The right click method didn't work at all for me. But, when I use just the cab 1 block. Select the user slot. Then audition the cab i want in that spot. It pulls it in. Then go through the other user slots and audition the cabs. It will overwrite whatever is in the slot. And make sure it is in the cab 1 block. If you think you are saving it in cab block 2 you are just overwriting block 1.

I also read this is how AlbertA's software works from the wiki. I'm gonna try that today and see if it feels a little more intentional. My Ultra did lock up on me once when doing the audition method. It didn't like the redwirez blue ir. But I did get it in.

Back
Top Bottom