AXe FX Ultra vs Axe FX 2 (purely effects quality comparison)

DBraz

Hi guys,

As someone that is interested in buying an AXE FX I would like some advice. I am purely looking to purchase the AXE FX for it's effects, not the amp modelling.

My set-up consists of a Tube preamp, Tube poweramp, Tuner, and a line mixer - all running in stereo. I recently sold my Effects unit and I am looking at an alternative to compliment my set-up.

My question is based purely on effects quality, ie would an AXE FX Ultra be a better purchase when I do not need to take advantage of the FX 2 modelling upgrades?

I am attracted to the AXE FX Ultra over an Eventide equivalent as it is supposed to be easier to program and has no latency issues when changing presets.

Advice greatly appreciated.

Regards

David

Effects are exactly the same from the Ultra to the 2 and believe it or not according to Cliff the Ultra has slightly less latency in the pitch block for example when tuning down. Sounds like the Ultra is your ticket and you shouldn't have a problem finding one with all the guys on here in line to upgrade.

Effects are exactly the same from the Ultra to the 2 and believe it or not according to Cliff the Ultra has slightly less latency in the pitch block for example when tuning down. Sounds like the Ultra is your ticket and you shouldn't have a problem finding one with all the guys on here in line to upgrade.

Thank you very much indeed.

on the other hand, I think the II has more modifier types, e.g. you can control max and min values etc, plus i think there are more paramaters that can be adjusted.

and don't forget the II also has the updated rotary and the new tape delay. also more presets to choose from in each effect block. whether or not all of that is worth the extra wedge...that would be up to you

the tape delay was actually one of the two reasons at the time that I got the II.....it was that much worth it to me, it might be to you as well

Back
Top Bottom