Axe-FX ultimate preset libary - online

Thanks Mark. This is pretty cool, and it's improving quickly.

Alt/clicking over the name of the preset opens a detail page with notes, which is cool.

At the bottom of that page there's a highlighted syx file, which changes my cursor to a pointing hand, like an active download link should.

Simply clicking it, as I would on any preset shared here on the forum to have it download, brings up another page. This page is blank, but for a couple odd symbols.

Alt/clicking the link properly downloads the file.

Seemingly nit-picky suggestion:

It'd be smoother and more intuitive if the file name on the list page was an active link to the notes page, and the syx file link was an active link that didn't require an alt click.

Thanks for the cool site, levipeto!

I suggest to add a "n/a" entry to the Pickup field, as well as other fields.

Excellent work.

From software design point of view we will need to have some of the input fields as drop-down lists for consistency. Functionality first then normalization.

I agree that Fractal will need to take it over some time and incorporate it into the Axe-Change for best long term solution.

I used the line6 web site for a while and it was nice matching the setting with songs and stuff like that.

I am excited!

I dunno. TBH, I'll probably just continue to surf the forum for syx attachments and wait for the updated Axe-Edit. Part of the reason L6's stuff works is that its integrated into their environment and CT is an official part of their ecosystem. Plus a lot of people HATE Customtone (it's filled with 95% crap and feels unmaintained to me, personally, it's hardly something I miss about my POD).

This thing looks like the type of thing people will use for a little while and then it'll fall apart.... since it's not fully supported only some people will use it, then the official blessed by Fractal update will come out and then people will either migrate or the user base will be split. If Fractal had no plans to do this themselves, I would be all for it and feel a little more optimistic but this just strikes me as a waste of time/resources as is.

Last edited:
I don't think this is a waste of time/resources.
Because so many people are contributing their input on this thread, this project has the chance of being EXACTLY what people want. Since it's exactly what they are looking for, they are more likely to use it. Also I think the seriousness of the users here are more serious than the POD users, partially because some of the Pods are $150 and the Axe is $2000, which eliminates a lot of teenagers. I don't thing this is meant to compete with Fractal. If they are busy giving us new firmware updates to The Axe and MFC, and writing an awesome new Axe-Edit, let them focus their time there so we get those things faster/better. In the meantime this project will benefit everyone who is interested in a great way to exchange quality patches.

As another suggestion, perhaps some people could volunteer to be moderators, and remove patches that have minimal or no information on the uploads to keep the quality of the site high.

I dunno. TBH, I'll probably just continue to surf the forum for syx attachments and wait for the updated Axe-Edit. Part of the reason L6's stuff works is that its integrated into their environment and CT is an official part of their ecosystem. Plus a lot of people HATE Customtone (it's filled with 95% crap and feels unmaintained to me, personally, it's hardly something I miss about my POD).

This thing looks like the type of thing people will use for a little while and then it'll fall apart.... since it's not fully supported only some people will use it, then the official blessed by Fractal update will come out and then people will either migrate or the user base will be split. If Fractal had no plans to do this themselves, I would be all for it and feel a little more optimistic but this just strikes me as a waste of time/resources as is.
Problem with sorting through the forum right now is that any sysex file that was uploaded prior to Jan 2011 is corrupt now. It's from the migration and there is no way for the admin to fix it. Sure if levipeto stopped hosting it then it would of course be lost, but having one person managing a site specifically for patches that can be sorted and searched is a great idea.

I personally think that all of these ideas should be integrated into the new preset manager in AxeEdit, but who knows how long until that's released and if it will be any better? As it stands right now it's a mess of trial and error and a lot of digging around in here to get something that may or may not work.

With levipeto paying more attention to a sysex archive than Fractal is, we can more quickly perfect his work than if we were communicating with Fractal. Eventually when/if Fractal takes over, it will have already been perfected to our tastes. I don't think this a waste of time at all; in fact, I think it's a more efficient use of time.

..... a lot of people HATE Customtone (it's filled with 95% crap and feels unmaintained to me, personally, it's hardly something I miss about my POD).
This is what happened with the *old* AxeChange. The level of detail usually needed for a comprehensive search for what you're looking for was generally not provided by uploaders. Not a big deal, but in the end the 'audition' function of Axechange was a welcome quick way to do all of this.

Don't necessarily think it's a waste of time. Actually I hope it succeeds, since looking for decent *workable* patches is a quick 'jump start' for newbies and those who perform cover songs, and don't want to spend 3 hours creating a Muse patch.

If nothing else, the functionality and ideas will be an excellent 'wish list' for a *Production* Axechange.

IMO.

Ron

I don't see a column for "File". Only User, Preset Name, Artist, Style, etc. Nothing related to any actual .syx files. Alt-clicking a text line is not a normal browsing activity; nobody will think to do that.

Last edited:
There's a lot of useful info in this thread:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/31586

I'd add fields for:
- Upload date
- Purpose: AMP/CAB; EFFECT; ROUTING; ARTIST; SONG; OTHER (select one)
- Output to: DIRECT/FR; POWERAMP/CABINET; FX ONLY; HEADPHONES; OTHER (select one or more)
- Designed for: RECORDING; LIVE; OTHER (select one or more)
- Instrument: EL.GUITAR; AC.GUITAR; BASS; OTHER (select one or more)
- Amp(s): (select from Axe-Fx list + N/A)
- Amp tone: CLEAN; CRUNCH; HIGH-GAIN (maybe categories divided into vintage / modern)
- Uses ext.controller(s): yes/no

I don't see a column for "File". Only User, Preset Name, Artist, Style, etc. Nothing related to any actual .syx files. Alt-clicking a text line is not a normal browsing activity; nobody will think to do that.

Doubleclick on the row.

I support it Levi if it takes hold. Some of the better patches seem to be native to the Ultra, not sure standard users will get enough to make it worth while yet. Axe Edit has issues when trimming Ultra patches down to work with the standard once downloaded.
I like the interface..simple.Keep working it bro. Your labors are well appreciated. Might even be compensated if all like it!

It works with 1 click for me. What browser are you using?

Ah, you're right. The info page comes up with a single click. Why doesn't the cursor change to something useful indicating that a single-click will navigate to a new page?

I'm using Firefox 3.6 on Linux CentOS 5 at the moment (I'm at work, not at home where I run a Win7 box).

it is already way better then axe-change! Keep on the good work and keep it simple.
BTW wach out for haaijackers. There might be some dudes here who want their name under this when it becomes succesfull.

You have my support anyway for this great initiative!

Back
Top Bottom