Bug? AXE-FX SYNC TIMEOUT! appears on MFC-101 and latency when switching patches

Secret80'sMan

Experienced
I gigged 9.0 last night for the first time. It sounded good and no complaints there but all night and at random times I kept getting the message: AXE-FX SYNC TIMEOUT! when I switched patches. I also experienced anywhere from one to five seconds of latency in patch switching. This did not happen every time nor was it always repeatable using the same patches but something is definitely amiss.

I also had the drive block engage in presets that it was off on so I had to re-save the patch on the fly with the drive off again and then it would be fine.

I am still on MFC-101 firwmware 2.11 and can't upgrade to 2.15 until after my gig tomorrow but I know that will change my IA's so need time to sit down with it. I was told that if I am not dealing with the new scenes feature my normal switching should have not been affected by going to 9.0 and using old MFC firmware.

I guess I'll struggle through the gig and do the best I can by double clicking the button when a timeout happens. It causes a slight dropout in the sound but it gets things back on track temporarily. I would rather do this than use my backup Pod X3 Live (yuk!!!!) so I'll deal since I haven't had lock up of the unit.

Just wanted to report it so it can be added to the list of possible fixes for the next release. Thanks for all the hard work Fractal team.

I gigged 9.0 last night for the first time. It sounded good and no complaints there but all night and at random times I kept getting the message: AXE-FX SYNC TIMEOUT! when I switched patches. I also experienced anywhere from one to five seconds of latency in patch switching. This did not happen every time nor was it always repeatable using the same patches but something is definitely amiss.

I also had the drive block engage in presets that it was off on so I had to re-save the patch on the fly with the drive off again and then it would be fine.

I am still on MFC-101 firwmware 2.11 and can't upgrade to 2.15 until after my gig tomorrow but I know that will change my IA's so need time to sit down with it. I was told that if I am not dealing with the new scenes feature my normal switching should have not been affected by going to 9.0 and using old MFC firmware.

I guess I'll struggle through the gig and do the best I can by double clicking the button when a timeout happens. It causes a slight dropout in the sound but it gets things back on track temporarily. I would rather do this than use my backup Pod X3 Live (yuk!!!!) so I'll deal since I haven't had lock up of the unit.

Just wanted to report it so it can be added to the list of possible fixes for the next release. Thanks for all the hard work Fractal team.

There is your problem!

You MUST update the MFC to 2.15 if using 9.00.

Thank you Cliff. I asked a few others who had 9.0 if my using 2.11 would present an issue for simple patch changing and several users responded that they had no adverse effects in this area so I gambled on it since it was going to be difficult to upgrade the MFC until next week. I may just climb over everything in the truck and get it out and done so I can have peace of mind. Thanks for the quick response on this one.

The sync timeout only occurs if there is a Tone Match block in the preset. This is because the old MFC firmware does not recognize the ID of the block and gets confused.

The sync timeout only occurs if there is a Tone Match block in the preset. This is because the old MFC firmware does not recognize the ID of the block and gets confused.
I have the same issue and I don't know how to even begin using midi ox. I don't have a my masters or PhD Like you Cliff! I am just going to buy a new MFC-101 and get a backup Axe Fx while they are on sale. Will they come with the new updates?

I don't remember who posted it but I am using midi ox and my download is almost done on my MFC! Thanks! Without your step by step I would never have figured it out!

Back
Top Bottom