Axe-Fx Std. and Ultra Version 9.03 Firmware Available

need some help trying to update firmware 9.03 everything is working up to the axe fx /then awaiting file does nothing but sit there? where do i get the new firmware from? using bome never had a problem before updating :| thanks

yek said:
rsf1977 said:
Noticed something strange in 9.03 maybe it was there in 9.02 as well? Going from my clean patch to my high gain patch there is a momentary spike in volume that pops back down to normal output level after about a 1/4 of a second like some thing is being flipped on/off. It's really odd I never had that before. Anyone else experiencing this spike? My clean channel has compressors, chorus, reverb, delay don't know if it matters?

Probably due to spillover. Disable spillover (Global) and try again.

yea the levels of my delay in each patch were very different so when i switched it was jumping way up. No way around that i guess, back to tinkerville, thanks

Is anyone noticing an audibile difference in there patches between 9.02 and 9.03?
Ive noticed a little drop in gain and thickness, Ive been A/B'ing then for a couple hours now hmm...

stereophile said:
need some help trying to update firmware 9.03 everything is working up to the axe fx /then awaiting file does nothing but sit there? where do i get the new firmware from? using bome never had a problem before updating :| thanks

I was having probs using axe-edit to upload 9.03. couldn´t send the firmware to the axe-fx. Then I followed previous suggestion to use midi-ox, set the sysex configuration window - delay to 250ms, worked flawlessly...
btw the firmware link is on Cliff´s thread starting post!

HTH

So ... since 9.03 has been out since a couple of hours, have any of you who didn't like their tones in 9.02 dialed back 'the magig knob' and actually compared their sounds ? Do you really like the 'old way' better or were all those posts just in the heat of the moment ? Just curious since I really can't see myself going back FWIW, IMHO ...

VegaBaby said:
So ... since 9.03 has been out since a couple of hours, have any of you who didn't like their tones in 9.02 dialed back 'the magig knob' and actually compared their sounds ? Do you really like the 'old way' better or were all those posts just in the heat of the moment ? Just curious since I really can't see myself going back FWIW, IMHO ...

I had my first gig with 9.02 last night and there is no way that I'm going back, not ever! :twisted:

VegaBaby said:
Yeah, I left all my patches at the 9.02 setting of 5, except one fuzzy patch that sounded better with a higher setting than 5. So many thanks, as always, Cliff for v9.02 and for being able to get more of it v9.03. :D

Scott Peterson said:
DirtyBanana said:
the citrus model does not show up in axe-edit....or i am blind...

It cannot show up until the editor is updated for the changes in the firmware.

Actual Axe-Edit version can show new features without any problem. We just need to run the "Settings > Load Config > Run Profiler..." function to update it.

Spawn-X said:
[quote="Scott Peterson":3ds9q7zm]
DirtyBanana said:
the citrus model does not show up in axe-edit....or i am blind...

It cannot show up until the editor is updated for the changes in the firmware.

Actual Axe-Edit version can show new features without any problem. We just need to run the "Settings > Load Config > Run Profiler..." function to update it.[/quote:3ds9q7zm]

This is a great feature of Axe-Edit! But I think there might be a bug (v0.9.102), or maybe just plain ol' user error...?

I go to Settings > Load Config > Run Profiler, which seems to detect the new features in firmware v9.03 just fine. For example, when I add AMP1, I can see both "CAROLANNOD2" and "CITRUS RV50" as options in the Amp's "Effect List" drop-down. But if I attempt to select the new "CITRUS RV50" option, it instead selects "CAROLANNOD2" -- both in Axe-Edit and the Axe-FX. Ironically, I don't experience any issues selecting the new "BRIT JM45" option in the Tonestack Type drop-down.

DigitalGuitarist said:
Spawn-X said:
[quote="Scott Peterson":14rik9lg]It cannot show up until the editor is updated for the changes in the firmware.

Actual Axe-Edit version can show new features without any problem. We just need to run the "Settings > Load Config > Run Profiler..." function to update it.

This is a great feature of Axe-Edit! But I think there might be a bug (v0.9.102), or maybe just plain ol' user error...?

I go to Settings > Load Config > Run Profiler, which seems to detect the new features in firmware v9.03 just fine. For example, when I add AMP1, I can see both "CAROLANNOD2" and "CITRUS RV50" as options in the Amp's "Effect List" drop-down. But if I attempt to select the new "CITRUS RV50" option, it instead selects "CAROLANNOD2" -- both in Axe-Edit and the Axe-FX. Ironically, I don't experience any issues selecting the new "BRIT JM45" option in the Tonestack Type drop-down.[/quote:14rik9lg]

I did the same thing .... ( Settings > Load Config > Run Profiler ), I can't confirm your "bug". But, I've got one of my own. I use a Multi-Delay ( Plex Delay ) for Circular Delays and I went back to look at it and now there's a message that says: "NO EDITABLE PARAMETERS" ?

WTF ?

Wow this is cool! Nice tip! :cool:
Thanks for this info!

Anybody noticing a much higher noise output with 9.03 on some amp models? The 800 has this annoying high pitched whine that masks the main sound, which wasn't there before. Tried it with a few others amps and that high-pitched whine is not always there. Tested with default values.

Hmmm... that high-pitched whine on the 800 seem to be related to the bright switch. Removed it and it improved greatly. Can somebody else confirm?

VegaBaby said:
have any of you ... dialed back 'the magig knob' and actually compared their sounds ?

As Axefx owners, I felt compelled to dial both new parameters from 0 to 10 and find the best setting *I* like. Some amp goes to 7 others to 3. Tweak as needed.

Smilzo said:
VegaBaby said:
have any of you ... dialed back 'the magig knob' and actually compared their sounds ?

As Axefx owners, I felt compelled to dial both new parameters from 0 to 10 and find the best setting *I* like. Some amp goes to 7 others to 3. Tweak as needed.
I have made a new record of an old lick this time with 9.03 and with HF=2.52
All the same except the play, it should give you an idea, it sounds close :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmmuwnwwfzt/900.wav

http://www.mediafire.com/file/idmzmmiyiyt/903.wav

For me 9.03 sounds a little bit mushy, perhaps i should try with 2.48.(there are some strange noises/resonances at 23sec on 903.wav)

DigitalGuitarist said:

I go to Settings > Load Config > Run Profiler, which seems to detect the new features in firmware v9.03 just fine. For example, when I add AMP1, I can see both "CAROLANNOD2" and "CITRUS RV50" as options in the Amp's "Effect List" drop-down. But if I attempt to select the new "CITRUS RV50" option, it instead selects "CAROLANNOD2" -- both in Axe-Edit and the Axe-FX. Ironically, I don't experience any issues selecting the new "BRIT JM45" option in the Tonestack Type drop-down.
Idem.

that wouldnt be the best of both worlds. The LF is the same as the trans match. that would just be the 9.02 sound
~mx~

marvinx said:
that wouldnt be the best of both worlds. The LF is the same as the trans match. that would just be the 9.02 sound
~mx~

No. The trans match has been splitted.

Now we can enjoy the tightness of the low end, while retaining the crunchiness of the high end.

Just to add to the thanks for continuing the trend of never-ending updates and response to feature requests, Cliff.

THANK YOU!

Regards,
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom