AXE FX Standards and Ultras Holding their value!

Alainarose

Inspired
Just trolling over on Ebay it appears that the mad rush for the exits has calmed down and the resale values of both the Standard and the Ultra's are back where they should be. Multiple bids on Ultras in the $1,800 range.

I think when the dust settles that alot of the guys waiting on the fringes for years now will see the value in getting a used Standard for around $1,300.00 and an used Ultra for around $1,800.00.

Most people cannot afford the $2,200.00 price for the new AXE 2 let alone the going rate for a used AXE. Remember the Ultra was only $500 more than the Standard and lot's of guys got the Standard because of the price difference. I believe this will be the same when the new AXE 2 hits the street.

Hopefully when the panic is over the average going rates will be $1,300, $1,800 and $2,200. I believe that these prices will hold and is a true reflection on what an awesome piece of equipment this is, AXE 1 or AXE 2!

It all depends on when the II is released and how many are available. I think prices will drop again at that time.

Duke & Duke are advising people to hold on to their units until the market is more stable.
More news as and when it happens.

More financial news about the markets at 11pm....

:D

The market will decide the used prices; and with the number of Standards and Ultras out there a finite number now, the used market will indeed stabilize. But the main component to that is supply/demand over *time*. Time is the key variable and that's not been established.

As in all things gear - when you sell has a lot to do with what the used market bears.

Last edited:
The market will decide the used prices; and with the number of Standards and Ultras out there a finite number now, the used market will indeed stabilize.

this.

i really can't understand the craze right now. i'm curious about the axefx II, but i'm not letting my standard go until i actually have the II at my home. considering the waiting list at g66.eu reaches from january or so, this could take months!

I think it's like this:

1). Bunch of guys trying to panic sell right now, in prep for Axe2.
2). Guys with money will wait to see how things pan out, buy the Axe2 when available and\or proven, THEN sell the old Axe1.

These #2 re-sales should spread out over a long time, as Axe2 availability and shipping will spread over time. Plus some guys will wait longer (post Axe2), before they get around to selling off Axe1. Thus there won't be a huge glut of Axe 1 on the used market at any one time (after the current panic selling has died off, if it hasn't already).

Besides:

3). Many will stick with Axe1 and continue to rave about how great it still is.
4). New owners of used Axe1 will join in to rave about how great it still is.

This aught to support Axe1 used price for a long time.

Conclusion: Right now might be very the worst time to sell Axe1.
Secondary conclusion: 2 weeks ago would have been the perfect time.

The true value of ANYTHING is ONLY what someone is willing to pay for it *at that time*.....the free market rules, and the laws of supply and demand do not change for anyone....to be honest- the values of standards and ultras will damage more the Avids and L6's then it will the Fractal Audio...if the price comes down 10% on a used unit, it would make the used Fractal an even BETTER value than it already is.
The only time I get "the wants" for an AXE II is when I am not playing my Ultra. The Ultra slays. When its time for a II, I will be there- n the meantime, Ultra is doing fine....

I seriously can't decide what to do. I want an Axe Fx so bad again. I rocked the Standard and I can't understand how the II can sound better than that. But I want to get my hands on a II eventually.... maybe....

AAAHHH

Sold mine 3 weeks ago. I only got an Axe because of the high re-sale value so if I didn't like it (which I didn't) I could flip it and get something else. Glad I dumped it when I did.

Back
Top Bottom