Axe fx standard doesn't connect to PC (axe edit)

victorbs

I use a generic midi to USB cable and in the axe edit I see midi input - usb midi cable, not Axe-fx. the same with midi output. Status : not connected. How should I configure Axe-fx, PC and axe edit to make it work ? Thanks.

axe edit 1.0, axe fx 10.01. And another thing: I CAN activate the axe fx tuner from axe-edit, that's strage.

Last edited:
DO NOT USE anything other than AE v0.9.191 for Std/Ultra. Nothing has been added to AE for those models since that version.
Remove AE, remove any AxeFX drivers you installed (you can't use them without an Axe-II), reboot.
Install 191. You can find Mac and win versions in the software link in my sig.

Let us know how it goes..

Now it says: Not connected, check MIDI/IO. Should I change something in Axe fx - I/O - midi or in midi settings from axe edit ?

The problem with old versions of Axe-Edit almost always traces back to the MIDI Interface or computer. I had the best luck on a PC with an M-Audio 2x2 Anniversary. On the Mac, my Cakewalk UMG seemed to work best.

Like M@ stated.. M-Audio 2x2 Anniv (green). I have also have great success with the M-Audio UNO - tho' others have not. I'm on a PC, not Mac. Cliff also used the 2x2 Anniv.

Then in axe edit midi settings I changed the 'decimal' ID from 372 to 125 and bingo ! it works. Maybe that was the solution with the first driver too, I don't know...

That was likely the only issue--ID needs to be 125 with firmware 10.01 or earlier.

Unfortunately, nobody was able to tell me this...;) but hey, I discovered it myself, all is good now !
sorry.. missed the fw 10.01 in ur post ("so many posts.. so little playing time each day")... I'd upgrade to v11 (if it were me).. that's the latest (and last) and has many enhancements to the amp modeling. AE 191 will still work with it.. and yes.. the need for the hard-coded sysexid goes away with v11.

Back
Top Bottom