Axe FX sighting U2 Edge Fender video

Cool!

Is that a new song they're working on at the 4 minute mark onwards, or is it one they've already done before? I can't tell, but it sounds great whatever it is.

He touches knobs on his Axe and then says, "Can we try an amp?" :)

Not a great endorsement, I'd say.

In fact he says "Can we try the amp?", so the effects from Axe II are tuned. :)

I have to say that the Fender endorsment of a guy who uses lots of different guitars (and brands) on stage, and whose favourite amp is a Vox AC30... well, thats at least strange.:D:D

Last edited:
In fact he says "Can we try the amp?", so the effects from Axe II are tuned. :)

I have to say that the Fender endorsment of a guy who uses lots of different guitars (and brands) on stage, and whose favourite amp is a Vox AC30... well, thats at least strange.:D:D

Considering that Bono and Edge have joined the fender board of directors a couple years ago it's not really an endorsement, it's more of a free marketing! Lol

Is that a new song they're working on at the 4 minute mark onwards, or is it one they've already done before? I can't tell, but it sounds great whatever it is.

I believe it's a new song...called Allison, in reference to Bono's wife. It's supposed to be on the upcoming Experience album. It's a really cool riff. Of course, no big surprise given the man on the guitar! :)

I am actually more intrigued about that huge grey rectangular box at 4:21. First assumptions are red = comp?, orange = overdrive? and yellow = distortion?
Mxr or Boss pedals retrofitted/modded? If so... why?

Are you sure it's not just a prospective trick and the big grey box is a pedal on its own?? Those things might be part of the broken pedal he's talking about

Are you sure it's not just a prospective trick and the big grey box is a pedal on its own?? Those things might be part of the broken pedal he's talking about
Nope not sure of anything. But for me it looks like those red, orange and yellow 'plates' are mounted on distances on the top of the grey box. That's why I had my assumptions.

Back
Top Bottom