Axe FX review in Premier Guitar

Brian G said:
If this has already been mentioned, I'm going to feel pretty stupid.

Premier Guitar is carrying a new review of an Ultra - great review, too. The mag is available online.

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/I ... xe_FX.aspx

Indeed a great review. what's interesting is this:
I'm told the company is going to revamp their website and add a slew of new clips September 1s

I'm curious. probably the official announcement of the MFC-101?

After speaking with Tom King from Fractal, he mentioned that they are planning to offer a silent fan upgrade at a nominal charge.

Tom King? Isn't he involved with Atomic? And a silent fan upgrdade... very interesting.

Congratulations to Cliff and everyone at Fractal and LarsB on the editor.

Tom King from Fractal? Was the interviewer confused about Atomic and Fractal sharing a booth or is it more?

I'm sure glad I already have my order in, between this and Ed's interview Cliff and Co. gonna be inundated with new inquiries and orders.

Thanks for posting this. I always forget to check PG's web reviews. I'm happy to have left the first comment. :mrgreen:

Plus the guy who reviewed it kills on guitar, he's the guy that I did the trading licks in Guitar Hero 3 for.
And he was the guy that ghosted the guitars on that killer T-Ride album...

He came across as having a pretty objective approach to the review, which lent weight to his opinions, IMO.

Yeah, it's a good review.

Unfortunately, magazine reviews in general are so relentlessly positive that it's hard to differentiate between products - when all the budget modeling units get reviews that say how great they sound, the quality of the Axe doesn't necessarily stand out. So I'm very glad he specifically mentioned the absence of "digital hash". Hopefully that will help the Axe get the attention it deserves.

One thing that is nice about an online review like this one is that readers can (and in the case already have) add their opinions, experiences as well as highlight areas that might not have been detailed or mentioned by the reviewer. This furthers the credibility and scope of the review, IMHO.

Ed DeGenaro said:
Plus the guy who reviewed it kills on guitar, he's the guy that I did the trading licks in Guitar Hero 3 for.
"ghosted"?

nikki-k said:
[quote="Ed DeGenaro":2iiri33w]Plus the guy who reviewed it kills on guitar, he's the guy that I did the trading licks in Guitar Hero 3 for.
"ghosted"?[/quote:2iiri33w]

Yeah, huh?!?

The T-Ride disk is one of my ALL TIME favorites. So, splain Lucy. :!:

Ed DeGenaro said:

No way??@?@?@@ I freaking LOVED that T-Ride disc... very cool.

Now I gotta go dig that out and jam it.

To continue to 'jack the thread..
A friend of mine owned a Mercury Cougar, so being the retarded drinking buddies we were, "Luxury Cruiser" got new lyrics :D Fits perfectly...

I remember when that album came out.. we could not believe the vocal work. Got to see them once; second show I was supposed to see I was late for, but friends said they had wicked tech problems, so I did not miss a great one. And then the guitar player made it into "Guitar For The Practicing Musician." Student of Satriani, if I recall correctly? And some/much of the album done in Eric Valentine's home studio?

Such an incredible album... tomorrow was going to be Boston for the shower CD, but now it will have to be T-Ride...

mworkman said:
After speaking with Tom King from Fractal, he mentioned that they are planning to offer a silent fan upgrade at a nominal charge.

Tom King? Isn't he involved with Atomic? And a silent fan upgrdade... very interesting.

Congratulations to Cliff and everyone at Fractal and LarsB on the editor.

I think there's been several little clues that Cliff and Tom are colaborating, and not necessarily just for FRFR design. This mention of "Tom King from Fractal" is interesting for sure. I'm predicting a formal announcement in Sept when the new website goes live.

Back
Top Bottom