Axe-Fx on "That Metal Show"?

nikki-k

Experienced
Just finished watching "That Metal Show" (Marilyn Manson and Biff Byford), and Chris Broderick was the guest guitarist. During the cut to commercial before coming back for Biff, there was a decent shot of the rig he was using... including an Axe-Fx. Not sure if it was an Ultra or a II. In the past, the full episode would be up online following the day of original play (in case anyone is interested).

well known hes an axe user, but thanks for keeping yer eyes peeled. Last I saw he had an ultra.

I was flipping back and forth and didn't catch his rig; he's a frickin beast though.

I will say that Marilyn Manson's interview was about as enlightening as going to a boy's middle school locker and listen to them talking about 'doing it with girls' and then giggling. I mean seriously every other sentence was about genitals or sex. I enjoy bathroom humor more than the average guy, but when no one is laughing and everyone seems to be uncomfortable then it's time to change tactics. Don't get me wrong some of his comments were funny, but there wasn't anything gained from what he had to say.

I tried rewinding my DVR and could barely see a corner of Chris's Axe. I wasnt really impressed with the licks he played except the Beethoven thing was pretty cool. I have seen videos of Chris Broderick on youtube that are just amazing but on the metal show seemed he really held back. Marilyn Manson is such a dumbass they should have kicked his ass out of the studio and put Chris up there in the chair be much better interview.

Yes all the players besides Sheehan and Gilbert have been a joke IMHO. The most embarrassing is Phil Collen, and man I was bummed watching Warren struggle with 3rd grader licks. :/

I was flipping back and forth and didn't catch his rig; he's a frickin beast though.

I will say that Marilyn Manson's interview was about as enlightening as going to a boy's middle school locker and listen to them talking about 'doing it with girls' and then giggling. I mean seriously every other sentence was about genitals or sex. I enjoy bathroom humor more than the average guy, but when no one is laughing and everyone seems to be uncomfortable then it's time to change tactics. Don't get me wrong some of his comments were funny, but there wasn't anything gained from what he had to say.

and you were expecting the Lincoln-Douglas debates?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) sorry couldnt resiet

Yes all the players besides Sheehan and Gilbert have been a joke IMHO. The most embarrassing is Phil Collen, and man I was bummed watching Warren struggle with 3rd grader licks. :/

Indeed I have felt these guys seem to buckle under pressure more often than not: but when you call vinnie Moore and Tony Macalpine a joke you better produce some vids of yerself playing, NOW! ps Ingwie may have been the best, it was prior to the commercial send off things, he sat there with a little marshall and sounded insane.

Second look at one part, could see the input lights going, and the knobs, and it was an Ultra.

I knew he and Mustaine were using them, but when people do shows like that, they do not always have their gig rig with them; sometimes it will be a simple rider that requires X + Y + ?? gear, sometimes even a loaner instrument! Plus, based upon past guests, IMO, the sound has never been mixed well.

And yeah... Manson was unusually ass-inine. He can be very well spoken, articulate, and thought provoking. To me, that was more like an absinthe (Mansinthe?) fueled display of, "is this the idiot child you would rather have?" I knew him (very briefly) in Florida back in the early 90's, and he is a brilliant guy. But, "public" equals "stage" to him, and reality seems to be drifting further and further for him. He has become a devolving caricature of himself. Ah, well.

Indeed I have felt these guys seem to buckle under pressure more often than not: but when you call vinnie Moore and Tony Macalpine a joke you better produce some vids of yerself playing, NOW! ps Ingwie may have been the best, it was prior to the commercial send off things, he sat there with a little marshall and sounded insane.

again, playing on that show in front of that audience.. vinnie moore just played some riffs, Tony just slopped through some horrible tone. I know they can do better, just man that must be a very hard gig.

dave

I think Tony is a great player, but I have never heard him play and actually liked his tone. Even with Vai.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

I've never been a Manson fan, but I've recently learned that he's actually a really smart guy. That being said, he seemed pretty childish on TMS. Perhaps it was the absinthe. I hear that stuff is pretty dang strong too.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

I saw that last night too. I think Broderick was the only person who ever played on that show and had a tone that was good, oh yeah cause he was using an Ultra DUHH

I used to be a HUGE Manson fan, but he lost me with his Mechanical Animals album. It really surprises me that he would act that way as he's mind-blowingly smart. Some of his other interviews made me stop and listen to the ambient sounds of our everyday lives and helped me to simply become more aware. His approach to music is incredibly interesting, which is best outlined in the interviews from the Resident Evil DVD.

Back
Top Bottom