Axe-FX Noise Issue?

Guys - I just wanted to touch base in case anyone cares, to let you know that I traced my issue back to a bad dimmer switch!! AHHHHH. 6 months of dealing with noise in every piece of audio gear in my house, only to track it down to this! I wanted to shoot myself.

Anyway - all seems cool now. I never knew how quiet my studio should be!

Anyway - thanks for the help everyone.

Bobby

FractalAudio said:
Dimmer switches are notorious for this.
These are probably dumb questions (I'm no electrician):-

- The room does have a dimmer but does it affect the sound even when the lights are switched off? ie is just having one present in the circuit bad enough?
- would I have to replace all dimmers in the house or just the one in the room?
- would a Furman Power Regulator fix this? I've been told that the lower end power conditioners are no better than a typical surge protector strip, but that the $600+ models might make a difference.

I've already tried an Ebtech HumX and Hum Eliminator, but they make no difference at all. I think they are designed to reduce 60 cycle hum though rather than electrical interference, which is what I think I'm up against here.

Check/ have checked the supply to your home. I have in my past life as an electrical engineer found loads of cases where bad-earth (ground connections) caused all kind of strange things to happen ,also reversed-polarity connections on appliances or wiring in the system also effect electronic gear. Maybe this is a symptom of a bigger problem'.
Be safe, electricity can bite! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom