Axe Fx Name Timeout

Ryan

I just got the MFC shipped to me yesterday and I am hooking up to my Axe Fx II through five pin MIDI cable. I know that I am not having a problem with the cable or the port on my Axe Fx because I had been using a different MIDI controller with the same cable while I was waiting for the MFC. I contacted support and I have all settings on my Axe Fx and MFC correct but none of my presets names show up on the MFC and I get a NAME TIMEOUT message.

I just received mine this week and having same issue. #17 stays red and the page and inc/dec switches work but none of the effects engage and the MFC-101 only shows preset numbers not names. were you able to fix this?

You have AxeFx mode on MFC set to std, ultra, II, XL?
Do you have MFC use port set correctly ( midi, expansion, FASLink)
Also do you have the same midi channel on both AxeFX and MFC?
On axe FX you have USB adapter mode off and send realtime sysex to all?

try a different midi cable... If I recall not all 5 pin cables actually have all five pins wired

You can also try factory reset on MFC by powering up holding while holding down IA11

was this resolved? I just received in brand new AXE-FXII and MFC-101 MK3 and having same issue. checked midi channel (was on 1), reset system parameters, didnt fix .. updated MFC-101 MK 3 firmware from 3.02 to 3.03 and I still have the same problem.

Both of these are brand new out of the box.. both items still set with factory defaults. I am using a brand new 25 foot ethernet cable but I also tried using and XLR cable through the FASLINK port as well as a MIDI cable and the AC adapter and all have same issue.... #17 stays red all the time, I can inc & dec through the presets and change the scenes but none of the effect switches engage/light up. Also the presets just show numbers, they dont show names and it constantly gets the name timeout error. I havent tried resetting the MFC-101 yet but will try that when I can. just wondering if that fixed the issue for anybody.

If you have XL and tried FASLink did you also change on the XL and MFC to FASLink?
XL: IO->Midi->MFC port (select FASLink)
MFC: Edit->Midi (change use port to FASLink)

Or both to Ethernet if using that...

I have same issue just got axe fx II and mark III pedal the 17 is red
Also if I swathe up or down with foot pedal the sound is bad for about 14 seconds. On the axe fx II the midi in light flashes for about the same time.
If I unhook the Mark III and swith be hand the sound is instant.
Have you had any luck?

Back
Top Bottom