AXE-FX NAME TIME OUT!!!!!

i got the mfc 101 this wk and tryin to use the axe edit,but when i connect to the computer viva usb all the lights come on,on the axe and the screen goes blank and the mfc says NAME TIMEOUT! anyone have this problem?

i got the mfc 101 this wk and tryin to use the axe edit,but when i connect to the computer viva usb all the lights come on,on the axe and the screen goes blank and the mfc says NAME TIMEOUT! anyone have this problem?
Based on your post, I'm not sure what you are asking!
1. You cannot connect AxeEdit to the MFC - it has no USB port - and it does not support MFC editing. Having the editor connected to the Axe via USB cable has no impact on communication between the MFC and the Axe (unless you have plugged a USB cable into a CAT5 port and fried something).
2. The MFC can be connected to the Axe-II with MIDI or CAT5 cable(s). There is an MFC setting that toggles between the 2 choices.
3. Get the MFC/Axe-II connection working before you worry about the Editor.
4. The editor only edits presets on the Axe-II.

The NAME TIMEOUT means that the MFC is not communication with the Axe-II. Make sure they are both set to the same MIDI channel (default is 1) and that (as mentioned in #2 above) you have set the MFC connection setting to match the cable type (CAT5 or MIDI) you are using to connect to the Axe-II.

Based on your post, I'm not sure what you are asking!
1. You cannot connect AxeEdit to the MFC - it has no USB port - and it does not support MFC editing. Having the editor connected to the Axe via USB cable has no impact on communication between the MFC and the Axe (unless you have plugged a USB cable into a CAT5 port and fried something).
2. The MFC can be connected to the Axe-II with MIDI or CAT5 cable(s). There is an MFC setting that toggles between the 2 choices.
3. Get the MFC/Axe-II connection working before you worry about the Editor.
4. The editor only edits presets on the Axe-II.

The NAME TIMEOUT means that the MFC is not communication with the Axe-II. Make sure they are both set to the same MIDI channel (default is 1) and that (as mentioned in #2 above) you have set the MFC connection setting to match the cable type (CAT5 or MIDI) you are using to connect to the Axe-II.

Ah righty,sorry just new to all this kinda stuff,a bit head wreckin,im use to pedals with 3 knobs!!! ive been on you tube and have the axe connected with a cat 5,i went through all the settin with the you tube video,i was just gonna try make my own patches,i didnt realise i dont have to have the mfc connected to use the axe edit,k thanks for the help much appreciated

Ah righty,sorry just new to all this kinda stuff,a bit head wreckin,im use to pedals with 3 knobs!!! ive been on you tube and have the axe connected with a cat 5,i went through all the settin with the you tube video,i was just gonna try make my own patches,i didnt realise i dont have to have the mfc connected to use the axe edit,k thanks for the help much appreciated
np dude.. we are here to help.. Keep in mind that the OM and the Wiki are your friend. It's unlikely that you will encounter an issue that someone has not encountered.. especially as this is new to you.
Forumites here tend to very helpful, albeit vocal and VERY opinionated at times :)
Enjoy the journey!

more problems! i updated the firmware before fine, but now i cant,its sayin driver install error code 105 for some reason,ive been lookin around u tube and the forum and cant find anything, i removed all the drivers,bot and the edit and downloaded them all again,but no joy, when i use the bot in stage 1 i can put in axe 11 and after that its sayin none,i know its something to do with the midi set up,ive gone onto the i/o and went to midi but just not 100% sure what to check,i went to usb adapter mode,i turned that on then off again to see was it that,only thing that made any sense to me, didnt work though,thinkin maybe this is a bit too complex for me,im not great with all this computer stuff!!

I've been down that path too, but ended up being a silly mistake on a setting on the MFC. Here is a wonderful video by Chris which I would recommend. Thank you, Chris.
Axe-FX II & MFC-101 - Initial Setup - YouTube

when im downloading the drivers halfway through, it stops and says ERROR: driver install error code :105 i cant figure out why this keeps happenin,ive watched the set up video and set my axe fx to the same as KKmusic, ive restared the computer a few times,tryed reloading the drivers a few times,anything i can think of,just no joy,pretty much spent half the day at it,dont like giving up!!!! thanks for the help

Define "downloading the drivers" please.
I think he means "installing" Chris.
If you are on Windows, you need to EXLICITLY follow the install directions on when to power up the Axe. It should be off when you start the install. Do not allow Microsoft to install any drivers during the process.. so "cancel" if prompted to have MS install device drivers.
And.. with 105 error, you can run setup.exe in the \Fractal Audio Systems\Axe-Fx II USB Driver Installer\Driver folder.

PS: Once you have the drivers installed, do NOT uninstall them again. Leave them alone.

praise the lord have it now, feels good hahaha im off the ground, thanks again everyone, i hope to be able give back what i learn,someday in the future!! guess i have to start somewhere,now onto the fun stuff,gonna be a late nite i reckon

Back
Top Bottom