Axe fx / mfc weird scenario

edo

Power User
Vendor
i've just played my first gig using the mfc with the axe fx and at some point during the show I hit a scene in a preset and the axe fx suddenly restarted, reloaded and reset to preset 1. Wondering if there's anything I should be looking at / resetting to avoid things like these while playing live

Anything happen when you wiggle the cable in the mfc or wiggle it where it plugs into the axe-fx? I've not had to replace my ethercon yet, but it is possible you may not have been in all the way or the cable may be failing.

If it doesn't happen again, chalk it up as a fluke. If it does, I'd totally reinitialise the unit by resetting system settings and load your firmware of choice, followed by your preset banks. Hopefully you've backed up everything. :) From there I'd probably even do a reset on the mfc just to play it safe and then reload the latest firmware.

If that doesn't fix if, II'd contact someone from fractal.

It's weird because it only happened on one scene in 1 preset, and today when I powered it up scene 2 was not working. I reset the mfc and now it's working again, hopefully it's fixed now.. Gigging in an hour, I'll report after the show

Weird... Maybe bring a Midi Cable just in case.
It's all I've ever used with all my Axe FX's.

Last edited:
Update: no problems during the gig last night, every patch change worked fine. However, today, during soundcheck another patch crashed the axe fx, the display went blank and I had to restart. Just to clarify, the mfc is brand new and I've been using it since Friday. Would like to know what I should be looking at for a fix, it gets me nervous to go on stage worrying about the rig crashing in the middle of a song!

I gave up on the ethercon on my Mark 1. Too many time outs and freezes. Since going back to midi cable. Not one issue.

I gave up on the ethercon on my Mark 1. Too many time outs and freezes. Since going back to midi cable. Not one issue.

So that's where the problem comes from? I though ethercon was some sort of upgrade to regular midi..!

Could be a bad Ethercon Connection on the Axe FX or maybe a cable...
I'd switch to a Midi Cable... And see if it happens using that...

Back
Top Bottom