Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

This is what I do when watching "Find it, Fix it, Flog it" on Netflix.
Confirmation (1/29) time EST - Offer date - Forum member
8:16 3/13 AtomicBlaze
8:17 3/13 Randalljax
8:25 3/15 shroomboss
8:28 3/15 ethomas1013
8:30 3/15 schrismer
8:35 3/15 ecalcagnino

Can't leave out this lucky person... 1:14 3/14 Bradlake

My confirmation email: Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 10:44 AM (Eastern)

Last edited:
Dude , you know you have to say more than that , lol
I think you are the first to see touch and smell a AX3 up close

Initial thoughts:

* It is a very well made piece of kit. Built like an absolute tank.
* It sounds "crisper" than the Axe FX II to my ears. There is an added warmth and depth to it. The reverbs sound really rich.
* The pitch shifters sound awesome - I had a blast playing with the multitude of different modes. It is really fast acting.
* The screen and UI is way more comprehensive yet simple to use than I expected. I come from a tech background, so I know this was a complete rewrite in terms of platform, but it feels like a rock solid product. I love the attention to quality FAS has.
* Creating and editing presets on the screen has actually made it useful. I never used the screen on my Axe FX II - this is huge for touring musicians and techs.
* Some awesome presets. Fantastic to see, for example, a John Petrucci preset with a bunch of scenes.

Only criticism so far: they don't include a printed manual in the box and include a slip of paper to tell you to get the electronic manual. When I am laying down $2500 on a piece of kit, I think springing for a printed manual is reasonable, particularly as I will read it and soak up the information while eating, hanging out at home, and when I don't have a computer nearby.

I am going to make a quick first impressions video too.

Initial thoughts:

* It sounds "crisper" than the Axe FX II to my ears. There is an added warmth and depth to it. The reverbs sound really rich.
* The pitch shifters sound awesome - I had a blast playing with the multitude of different modes. It is really fast acting.
* The screen and UI is way more comprehensive yet simple to use than I expected. I come from a tech background, so I know this was a complete rewrite in terms of platform, but it feels like a rock solid product. I love the attention to quality FAS has.
* Creating and editing presets on the screen has actually made it useful. I never used the screen on my Axe FX II - this is huge for touring musicians and techs.
* Some awesome presets. Fantastic to see, for example, a John Petrucci preset with a bunch of scenes.

Only criticism so far: they don't include a printed manual in the box and include a slip of paper to tell you to get the electronic manual. When I am laying down $2500 on a piece of kit, I think springing for a printed manual is reasonable, particularly as I will read it and soak up the information while eating, hanging out at home, and when I don't have a computer nearby.

Thanks for the feedback!

Initial thoughts:

The manual is not yet complete (assuming you haven't read it yet?)... Would you prefer to wait for the manual before getting the unit? I know I wouldn't... What's online is good enough for now, especially if you're coming from an Axe Fx II:)

Personally, I'd rather save the trees. How current is my Axe Fx II printed manual from 2013 compared to where the unit is now? It was incorrect within a month or two of being printed.

Edit: by the way, thanks for your mini review...

The manual is not yet complete (assuming you haven't read it yet?)... Would you prefer to wait for the manual before getting the unit? I know I wouldn't... What's online is good enough for now, especially if you're coming from an Axe Fx II:)

The PDF I read online looked pretty complete to me.

I like trees as much as anyone else, but I still expect a manual with devices I purchase, particularly a device as comprehensive as this. Either way, small gripe for an awesome product!

The PDF I read online looked pretty complete to me.

I like trees as much as anyone else, but I still expect a manual with devices I purchase, particularly a device as comprehensive as this. Either way, small gripe for an awesome product!

Fair enough... But it's really not complete. Most of the blocks are not included, nothing but a blank section for the FC, etc.

I suspect you might have filled in the blanks from your existing knowledge ;)

Wow... Just realized my simple little post is 10 pages deep!

My confirmation email was at 9:41am PST. Based on the current rate, I suspect it'll be a while :(

At 5 a day you prob got longer than that, not a fact just my assumption. I’m right in the time frame for tomorrow If i don’t get an invite I truly believe the 5-12 theory a day I read is true

Back
Top Bottom