Axe-Fx III USB Firmware Version 1.06

I remember the time if I would learn something about battle of Hastings, needed get up, bus down to the public library, look up suitable book in the index card, find the book, read and take notes by hand..

Now I can in my bed, google it up, read about it, watch a YouTube documentary, all done before breakfast

Thats plenty of saved time for 2 laptop reboots

FFS...I won’t be surprised if update sticky’s are automatically locked from now on.

Seriously people. Get a grip.

FFS...I won’t be surprised if update sticky’s are automatically locked from now on.

Seriously people. Get a grip.

Oh please!
A couple of mentions that people don't like rebooting their computers and people get all up in arms... ugggh...

Note the words used were "unfortunate" and "annoying". That's it.

Seriously get a grip.

Last edited:
Oh please!
A couple of mentions that people don't like rebooting and people get all up in arms... ugggh...

I think the views on rebooting is entirely dependent on someone's (a) platform, and (b) their technical experience.

People who use Windows are generally used to rebooting. There are various technical reasons in the OS for this, which most Windows users are generally unaware of, and it is normal to reboot constantly. Thus people don't tend to leave their machine in a state where work could be lost and rebooting has little cognitive frustration.

People who use Mac's are generally not used to rebooting, with the possible exception of OS updates, and are again largely unfamiliar with the technical reasons. As such, doing a reboot on a Mac seems like a bigger deal than usual.

People who use Linux (and I used to work for Canonical running the Ubuntu community) are generally averse to reboots because (a) you very rarely need to (similar to the Mac), and (b) most Linux users are technical and understand the reasons why reboots should and shouldn't happen.

As such, in this thread, people are right to complain about reboots, but people are right to consider these complaints as frivolous. Different strokes for different folks.

People who use Windows are generally used to rebooting.
People who use Mac's are generally not used to rebooting...
we're veering off course again, but it's interesting that in this thread, the concerns are opposite of the above quoted statements. *shrug*

TBH, I thought the complaint about rebooting was for the Axe III, not the person's computer. But what do I know.

My AXE III arrives tomorrow! So excited!!!!

Axe-Fx III USB Firmware Version 1.06 Update
Probably on an FAQ or Wiki somewhere but say, I had an incoming III due for delivery tomorrow (waitlist notice well after this announcement). Would the expectation be that it was already updated at time of manufacture? How does one check?

Probably on an FAQ or Wiki somewhere but say, I had an incoming III due for delivery tomorrow (waitlist notice well after this announcement). Would the expectation be that it was already updated at time of manufacture? How does one check?
it will generally have the latest versions of everything, but depends when it shipped vs when the versions came out.

easy to check - from the Home screen, press the E knob (Setup) then page over to the Firmware page.

Gear's been sitting since December (long story, but it's over)...do I need to do all previous updates before adding this?

Jesus, is there anything you people don't bitch about?

...just re-read this thread , since I now need to address this firmware. I laughed just as much the 2nd time around.
The web is a big ole scary place , and it's hard to tell what people are "really" like , when they aren't hiding behind some Avatar , but comments ; like the one above , make me feel "right at home" , lol. Sometimes a candid response can really add a touch of needed reality to the forum.

After I first received the III , I found myself being quite critical , when trying to navigate from the front screen , but I've since come to realize the incredible amount of time and thought that went into it's design and utilities , regardless of whether or not it matches what I expected or wanted , personally. Just incredible. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom