Axe-Fx III USB Firmware Version 1.06

my brand new Axe III don't connecting to Fractal Bot and Axe Edit III. but works normally with ma iMac (with Logic, etc). That's the problem? Help please!

I'll have a go when my Axe Fx3 turns up Friday but if its Class Compliant which it looks as though it is, no driver should be required on a Mac

Update. Didn't installed the driver (there is no driver for mac, isn't it?) Axe Edit, Fractal Bot work well, but only till I launch Logic. They can't work together.
My issue Logic / Fractal audio drop out but the loop is still playing but no sound. Guitar / instrument is fine.

I LOVE this clip. I send it to people all the time. Here's MY old fart recollection of early guitar playing:

When I started playing, there were no drum machines. They used to put out LP's of drum tracks called 'Drum Drops'. There were rock versions and Latin versions, etc. And you could improvise over them. It was the coolest thing ever. We could take a tape recorder (yes cassette tape) - record a rhythm along with a 'Drum Drops' track - complete with house, room and traffic noise - and make a 'backing track'. We then would take a 2nd tape recorder - play back the 'backing track' and sing/solo over it and record it all together. Welcome to demos - old-school style.

A couple of years later, Tascam came out with the Porta-Studio and it was a revelation. You could record FOUR WHOLE TRACKS ..... individually if you wanted - to a cassette tape. It was amazing.
Tom Scholz came out with the Rockman - which allowed us to clip a headphone amp to our belt and walk around playing through headphones. Amazing.
We soon figured out that we could run this Rockman into one of the tracks of the Tascam - a 1/4" cable out of the headphone jack of the turntable into another track - and that upped the level further.
Of course the Alesis SR-16 did away with the drum albums altogether ….

Drum albums gave way to Steven Slate packs. Tascam Porta-Studio's eventually gave way to DAW's and the Rockman gave way to apps on our phones. Sometimes - as an old fart - I feel like someone who remembers what it was like to ride in a covered wagon - and to just be happy I didn't have to walk …… as I watch someone complain that the lumbar-support - in their Cadillac Escalade's temperature controlled seat - is a 'piece of junk'.

Trust me, Cliff - if I have to hold the Axe III over my head and jog around the block three times - singing 'I'm A Little Teapot' - every time there's a firmware update - so be it. I come from the Dark Ages of guitar. The Axe III is a miracle.

Now if you'll excuse me - my diaper needs changing and I have to put my dentures to soak …...

Back
Top Bottom