• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe FX III owners... What are the main limitations with the FM3?

Lou Lab

Inspired
I've owned my Axe FX III for less than year and I absolutely LOVE IT!... But I might want to get the FM3 to carry around on small jams...

Axe FX III owners... What are the most obvious issues with the FM3?

brianv4

Fractal Fanatic
Only limit I see is if you want to load up a preset to the max. I can load up an Axe III preset and pretty much have it all. With the FM3, I have no problem having bread & butter presets for Fender, Vox, Marshall & Mesa's (Wah, Phaser, OD, Amp/Cab, Chorus, Flanger, Rotary, Delay, Verb) then creating specialty presets for certain songs or FX. So I'm just using more presets, which is not a drawback at all, IMO.

Lou Lab

Inspired
Thank you, I'm also thinking simple presets...

The 3 switches are not an issue for me... I would not even carry my FC-6 either... I'm thinking about how practical it would be to only bring that little guy to my buddies places and jam....

Still not decided yet...

brianv4

Fractal Fanatic
I was surprised how light it is. I didn't comment on the 3 switches til I had a chance to try it out. It's very intuitive and easy to get the hang of.

Top Bottom