Axe-Fx III mkII spiffy logo LED

I care less about fancy lights. I care about being efficient, Accessibility, free to add as many presets as I want by a portable hard drive without being tied down to a computer desk.

before both of those suggestions I'd add WiFi support for wireless Axe Edit... no more Fracpad style alternatives...

I actually have a full setup of an Intel compute Stick connected to the Axe FX III USB and runs"USB Network gate" to provide wireless USB functionality to my network...

Still being hooked up to a network your still depending on a computer. I am talking if you want to play live or take the axe to practice or a buddies house I do not want to be depended on a computer. just extra weight to tote around. Being able to access presets usb from a portable hard drive or a memory stick would be Ideal. just pull the presets up from the axe fx it's self with no computer, no network.

Still being hooked up to a network your still depending on a computer. I am talking if you want to play live or take the axe to practice or a buddies house I do not want to be depended on a computer. just extra weight to tote around. Being able to access presets usb from a portable hard drive or a memory stick would be Ideal. just pull the presets up from the axe fx it's self with no computer, no network.
If you need more than 1024 presets you're doing something wrong.

The most number of presets I've ever had for a band is 8 and I thought that was out of hand. One band I was in I never changed presets.

If you need more than 1024 presets you're doing something wrong.
Not the point. This should had been fixed before the Axe fx 3 model one came out. Obviously some one knew there was not going to be enough slots for more presets for the first one as they was being made that's why it was fixed on the model 2 model. lets be real.

How may songs do you think there are over the years on top of different tuning, Effects so on and so on . You could add 200,000 and there would not be enough so with that said what makes you think 25 to 30 slots would be enough? Just add a usb for an external hard drive or thumb drive program it to where it picks the presets up automatically and bam. fixed

On the FM3, I use one preset. I make others to play around when I am bored or exploring new sounds, but one preset is all I need for most everything I do. Mind you there is four different amps in there... which helps.

How may songs do you think there are over the years on top of different tuning, Effects so on and so on . You could add 200,000 and there would not be enough so with that said what makes you think 25 to 30 slots would be enough? Just add a usb for an external hard drive or thumb drive program it to where it picks the presets up automatically and bam. fixed

You say that as if it's simple. All sorts of these drives operate just on the edge or sometimes even out of spec and folks that work on operating systems have the fun job of handling all of the idiosyncrasies. That's why a number of music electronic gizmos that have support for USB storage also have support web pages with lists of verified compatible drives. I've personally had drives that work fine in my PCs and Macs but didn't work in specialized hardware like a keyboard, mixer, or guitar processor.

and I thought that was out of hand
Unreal. That's like...seven more than I've ever used in a night! :D

To be fair, back in the Standard/Ultra days, I used about 20 presets in a night doing the Duran Duran stuff. But channels and scenes and expanded power have changed all of that over the decade.

You say that as if it's simple. All sorts of these drives operate just on the edge or sometimes even out of spec and folks that work on operating systems have the fun job of handling all of the idiosyncrasies. That's why a number of music electronic gizmos that have support for USB storage also have support web pages with lists of verified compatible drives. I've personally had drives that work fine in my PCs and Macs but didn't work in specialized hardware like a keyboard, mixer, or guitar processor.
Like I said. Obviously someone knew it was a problem before hand that's why they fixed it for the mark 2. Nothing is going to convince me other wise. They knew.

i can’t tell you how many usb drives i’ve gone through trying to find one that my WiU will recognize

Back
Top Bottom