Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.01

hB12EECB6

Going all the way back to the original Axe-Fx I used a concept called a "Mailbox" to communicate between processors. Each processor has an inbox and an outbox...

In this specific case the processor is checking the mailbox from the front panel to see if any buttons were pressed at power-on.

Well dang. There goes my plan to set up a Gmail account for my Axe-Fx to know when new firmware comes out.

Thanks for the new FW, Cliff. In my case, I just fired up my III for the first time this week and updated it before ever plugging in a guitar, but getting new firmware periodically was one of my motivations for upgrading from my beloved XL+.

Going all the way back to the original Axe-Fx I used a concept called a "Mailbox" to communicate between processors. Each processor has an inbox and an outbox. I'm self-taught in programming and computer science so it was just a way I came up with to send data back and forth. Turns out that mailboxes are actually a technique used in interprocessor communications.

In this specific case the processor is checking the mailbox from the front panel to see if any buttons were pressed at power-on.

I taught myself how to tie my own shoes...pity I wasn't wearing them when I was teaching.. :-/

Going all the way back to the original Axe-Fx I used a concept called a "Mailbox" to communicate between processors. Each processor has an inbox and an outbox. I'm self-taught in programming and computer science so it was just a way I came up with to send data back and forth. Turns out that mailboxes are actually a technique used in interprocessor communications.

Makes sense, thanks Cliff :)

It’s checking to see if the user has an old AOL account, in which case most parameters actually do nothing or lock up

GRACIAS, MAESTRO! :)

Fixed Graphic EQ pages not responding to navigation buttons.
Fixed FC load defaults correctly sets bank size before configuring switches.
Fixed FC use "Scene X" on main LCD if scene name is blank.
Fixed load FC-12 defaults won't switch first FC to layout 7.
Fixed FC scene name not updating if character(s) removed from end.
Thanks for your help.

Brillant !!!!!!!!!! Especially coming from a self taught !

Back
Top Bottom