Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.02 Release

I found something strange. I have a preset with 2 amp blocks. I have a pitch block with scene ignore. If I change scenes that use amp block 1, it works as expected. If I go between amp block 1 and amp block 2 when changing scenes it remembers the last state of the amp block. is this intended? To get scene ignore throughout the preset, you must sync the status on scenes that have it on/off before switching.?

Attachments

• IIIMk2-Main.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
This firmware sounds very different with my Mesa 2:90.
The mids are much more present and the highs have lost their shine.
I tried to adjust but I couldn't get a good result.
Maybe I'm addicted to the speaker mode settings. I already knew the settings that worked with my setup, so I just tweaked the amp and effects to taste.

This firmware sounds very different with my Mesa 2:90.
The mids are much more present and the highs have lost their shine.
I tried to adjust but I couldn't get a good result.
Maybe I'm addicted to the speaker mode settings. I already knew the settings that worked with my setup, so I just tweaked the amp and effects to taste.
5$ says if you didnt adjust anything today, you would not find the difference as striking tomorrow.

Also, check if your strings are dead. That takes away high end very quickly.

5$ says if you didnt adjust anything today, you would not find the difference as striking tomorrow.

The top end does seem slightly smoother in the top end. Low and high pass filters in the cab block seem more musical. I find myself taking out things that I added before to "help". Just don't need as much help now. I am loving it. Thank you Fractal team!

Sir, I think I'll need to pass my paypal account for you to make the deposit. :p:p:p:p:p:p
I'm just kidding. :)

When I go back to the previous firmware I felt the difference. It is normal during algorithm change that we have to adjust things more carefully.
My strings are always changed frequently.

Possible bug: When clicking on the big wheel, it goes into layout view, but the ‘Exit’ button doesn’t return to the preset Scenes screen. Additionally, shouldn’t the big button replicate the ‘Enter’ button?

I found something strange. I have a preset with 2 amp blocks. I have a pitch block with scene ignore. If I change scenes that use amp block 1, it works as expected. If I go between amp block 1 and amp block 2 when changing scenes it remembers the last state of the amp block. is this intended? To get scene ignore throughout the preset, you must sync the status on scenes that have it on/off before switching.?
No responses to this, so I assume this is a feature. Maybe we can add a checkbox to scene ignore that goes across both amp blocks when checked?

All of the popping seems to be fixed! Thanks a ton Cliff! I had a user PM about popping, and it seemed to be tied to the Speaker Drive and Thump as well, but no more!

Sir, I think I'll need to pass my paypal account for you to make the deposit. :p:p:p:p:p:p
I'm just kidding. :)

When I go back to the previous firmware I felt the difference. It is normal during algorithm change that we have to adjust things more carefully.
My strings are always changed frequently.
Oh i know firmware changes the sound - thats why we generally love updates.

What Im saying is that if you dont reference the tone you had before the update within 24hr or so, you likely wont know exactly what tonal shift happens - just that you love the new sound. I cant tell you what fw15 sounds like compared to 20.01, because I dont roll back lol.

No responses to this, so I assume this is a feature. Maybe we can add a checkbox to scene ignore that goes across both amp blocks when checked?
I don’t understand the original report. Do you have Scene Ignore on both amp blocks? No Ignore on amp blocks?

Can you explain it more detailed if possible? The wording originally was not too clear.

I don’t understand the original report. Do you have Scene Ignore on both amp blocks? No Ignore on amp blocks?

Can you explain it more detailed if possible? The wording originally was not too clear.
Sorry, I have scene ignore on the pitch block. I have 8 scenes set up to switch between 4 amp channels in amp block one and 4 amp channels in amp block 2. In scenes 1-4 I am switching between amp block 1 channels, in scenes 5-8 I am switching between amp block 2 channels.
If I enable the pitch block on scene 1 it remains on for scenes 1-4. If I switch to scenes 5-8, the pitch block turns off. If I enable the pitch block on any scene from 5-8, then it will stay enabled across all 8 scenes. I then have to bypass the pitch block on any scene from 1-4, and then any scene from 5-8 in order for the pitch block to be bypassed across all scenes. I hope this is more clear.

Sorry, I have scene ignore on the pitch block. I have 8 scenes set up to switch between 4 amp channels in amp block one and 4 amp channels in amp block 2. In scenes 1-4 I am switching between amp block 1 channels, in scenes 5-8 I am switching between amp block 2 channels.
If I enable the pitch block on scene 1 it remains on for scenes 1-4. If I switch to scenes 5-8, the pitch block turns off. If I enable the pitch block on any scene from 5-8, then it will stay enabled across all 8 scenes. I then have to bypass the pitch block on any scene from 1-4, and then any scene from 5-8 in order for the pitch block to be bypassed across all scenes. I hope this is more clear.
That is clearer thanks! That doesn’t sound like expected behavior. We’ll take a look and see.

Back
Top Bottom