Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.00

I appreciate the firmware improvements and updates but it is diffucult to keep track this way. I dont even know what version to install right now or what to look for after installing. Does this mean i just go to the latest one? or to a prior beta or a prior non-beta? I would not know what yields the safest upgrades with the fewest issues because I do not have the back end logic as the company does to know for sure. There are too many firmware releases and betas and things to look out for. As end users we just need smooth transitions to new firmware and we usually just like to update our firmware when there is enough major stuff to have the incentive to take the risk to do so in terms of risking preset change issues. With that being said can you please advise on which one to go to from 19.05? Direct to the latest or a step in between? more upgrade with all steps in between?
To clarify a bit about which version to install...
  • Firmware updates are always optional, but in general more recent ones have enhanced features and fixed bugs
  • Installing beta firmware or not is your choice. The tradeoffs are that you get the new stuff, at the possible expense of some instability, and the potential that you'll modify your presets in ways that you'll want to change again when the final release comes out. Personally, I don't install them, because my playing time is limited, and I don't want to spend it chasing ghosts that end up fixed in the real release. That said, I super appreciate that not everyone does that!

What about sending the bug report to Fractal via e-mail?
They may ask for your preset too, but I’m sure they have the clue of privacy and they will not disclose anything from e-mail to public.
Here is not the sole channel for bug report, is it?

There's something. Almost like a high end tweeter has been added to my sound a little. Strange, I just thought it was my ears that are getting older or my CLR'S were acting up. 🤔
Yeah, my only thought is something seems different about the speaker curves. In some instances it sounded like my old Axe3 + Fryette PS2 + 4x12 setup before I knew I had to disable the speaker curve in the amp block; it's like the high end is overhyped?

I tried playing around with them between the Friedman BE V1 model and my BE50 with the same settings going through my Fryette PS2 and the Axe for the cab sims, and what I found is that they sound most similar when I use the Resistive Load curve in the amp block. That doesn't seem right, though, given the PS2 is a reactive load and will have a curve similar to the LB2 curves that are included (which I also tried, and still noticed a pretty drastic difference). In some ways it seems like the highs are much more pronounced even though the curve hasn't changed. And since we know in the release notes that there were changes with the speaker interaction, that's the closest deduction I can get to.

I might do a couple recordings and include theme here to illustrate the difference.

Back
Top Bottom