Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #5 (Beta_4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be a programmer but I had to use 8086, fifth, c++

None of this fancy visual stuff lol
Back in the day you could’ve call me Assembler Guy or COBOL Guy. Or JCL Guy. But that was decades ago. These days I struggle with a black box that has a bright blue logo.

AMEN! Start a new thread to talk about operating systems! I'm pretty sure this is "Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #5 (Beta_4)".
I've wasted a lot of time ready this crap instead of getting firmware updates.

When new firmware is posted, it will most likely have a new thread title, whether another beta or the final release.

Back in the day you could’ve call me Assembler Guy or COBOL Guy. Or JCL Guy. But that was decades ago. These days I struggle with a black box that has a bright blue logo.

I know what you mean. My kids have to explain to me how to use social media when I used to write comms dialogues and embedded control systems for a living.

Must be getting old ha ha

This was never a thing.
Your face was never a thing...

(Sorry about the face thing)
Firmware Friday 😟😢😭?!!
I know Firmware Friday isn't a thing. It was just a joke and maybe a little wishful thinking. We're all waiting for it with great anticipation. I know Cliff will release it when it's finished and he feels it's ready for public consumption, what ever day that is 🤓.

New computer is up and running but not without the usual MS headaches. Kept blue screening after Windows was installed with an NDIS error. Turns out it was an out-of-date driver but the Windows 10 build was from a month ago (?!).

And, yup, UI is just as awful as I remembered. The lack of borders on windows is infuriating.

Hang in there, You'll get used to it. I know people have their reasons for avoiding upgrades and I've been annoyed with them too. Android 10 navigation button options suck ass compared to Pie... But I digress. My advice is always to upgrade as they come in and adapt to each small change before it's a lot of things to adapt to at once. People who avoid updates for years and then have to learn everything at once have the biggest issues because set themselves up for the biggest learning curve. I don't always follow my own advice mind you, I avoided windows 8 like the plague but I don't think anyone would blame people for steering clear of that train wreck. Windows 10 has its issues but it's actually got a lot of nice features that I would probably miss if I sat down at a windows 7 machine.

Hang in there, You'll get used to it. I know people have their reasons for avoiding upgrades and I've been annoyed with them too. Android 10 navigation button options suck ass compared to Pie... But I digress. My advice is always to upgrade as they come in and adapt to each small change before it's a lot of things to adapt to at once. People who avoid updates for years and then have to learn everything at once have the biggest issues because set themselves up for the biggest learning curve. I don't always follow my own advice mind you, I avoided windows 8 like the plague but I don't think anyone would blame people for steering clear of that train wreck. Windows 10 has its issues but it's actually got a lot of nice features that I would probably miss if I sat down at a windows 7 machine.

I've had Windows 10 installed in a virtual machine for over a year and I still prefer Windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom